Quantcast
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New Midas PRO X Console at PL&S

  1. #1
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    106

    New Midas PRO X Console at PL&S

    To be unveiled at PL&S March 12 2014, neutron, looks to be another console.
    See: www.midasconsoles.com

  2. #2
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    136

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    This better not be an M32 producer

    PL&S is normally where the more pro-end products are released. Its less of a music-tech centric show (like NAMM) and more of a events & broadcast show.

  3. #3
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    K\'Town, GE, Europe
    Posts
    98

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post
    This better not be an M32 producer
    ... not 19" either

  4. #4
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    216

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Zimmermann View Post
    ... not 19" either
    Well but - Neutron = small particle. Not as small as a boson but still quite small ;-)
    Christian Tepfer

    christian at. amanya dot- de

    http://klanggestaltung.wordpress.com



    personal monitor operator, rf coordination, system design, FOH mixing.

  5. #5
    Sophomore Kevin Maxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    143

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Let the speculation begin!!!!

  6. #6
    Junior Kemper Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    451

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Behringer: DIGITAL iPAD/TABLET MIXER X18


    Maybe time for another re-badge?

  7. #7
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    216

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemper Watson View Post
    Behringer: DIGITAL iPAD/TABLET MIXER X18


    Maybe time for another re-badge?
    Never thought of this. The brand seperation would be much slimmer with this product as the UI would be the same (iPad).

    So I don't think so. The PLS is a more pro oriented fair than the NAMM. But again, I don't find an actual hole in their desk line-up. So maybe a matrix / speaker processor? I still try to make some sense out of the naming...
    Christian Tepfer

    christian at. amanya dot- de

    http://klanggestaltung.wordpress.com



    personal monitor operator, rf coordination, system design, FOH mixing.

  8. #8
    Graduate Student Per Søvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,613

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Tepfer View Post
    Well but - Neutron = small particle. Not as small as a boson but still quite small ;-)
    Neutrons are quite big, and very bad for electronics and living tissue. When not on the move creating havoc, they are quite useless, just adding weight and destabilizing whatever structure they are part of. The are however very important for the function of nukes
    Since it is unlikely that Midas will make a product incorporating iNukes, I can only conclude that this must be Uli's new random name generator at work, already having produced some stunning names for the Turbosound lineup.
    "I know how to do it. I might not be any good at it, but I believe I know how to do it!" - Me

  9. #9
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    K\'Town, GE, Europe
    Posts
    98

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Maxwell View Post
    Let the speculation begin!!!!
    okay: based onthe siluette underneath the "blanket" i see a new pro x/x/x with maybe new center section and possbile more fx/whatsoever engine(s) (end-of-whishlist) -
    NEXT please

  10. #10
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    136

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Zimmermann View Post
    okay: based onthe siluette underneath the "blanket" i see a new pro x/x/x with maybe new center section and possbile more fx/whatsoever engine(s) (end-of-whishlist) -
    NEXT please
    I think you'll find this is the exact same image used to reveal the M32... So unless its an M33, I think the image is pretty meaningless

    Although an updated Pro3/6/9 would be nice. Those are getting long in the tooth...

  11. #11
    Graduate Jay Barracato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Solomons MD
    Posts
    1,379
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Per Søvik View Post
    they are quite useless, just adding weight and destabilizing whatever structure they are part of.
    A touch backwards, they actually stabilize the nucleus. There is a proton to neutron ratio that causes the nucleus of an atom to be stable. As the number of protons increases the number of neutrons necessary to make the nucleus stable increase. At lower atomic masses the ratio is close to one to one. As the atomic mass increases so does the number of neutrons necessary to create a stable nuclei. Once the number of protons passes a certain atomic number, no number of neutrons will make the nuclei stable. All those nuclei are radioactive. The two most common paths of radioactive decay, alpha and beta decay both serve to move the proton to neutron ratio from an unstable ratio to a stable ratio.
    Jay Barracato

  12. #12
    Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    504

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Barracato View Post
    A touch backwards, they actually stabilize the nucleus. There is a proton to neutron ratio that causes the nucleus of an atom to be stable. As the number of protons increases the number of neutrons necessary to make the nucleus stable increase. At lower atomic masses the ratio is close to one to one. As the atomic mass increases so does the number of neutrons necessary to create a stable nuclei. Once the number of protons passes a certain atomic number, no number of neutrons will make the nuclei stable. All those nuclei are radioactive. The two most common paths of radioactive decay, alpha and beta decay both serve to move the proton to neutron ratio from an unstable ratio to a stable ratio.
    Only question is: what is that "certain atomic number?" We'll have to wait and see on that one.
    -MAX WARASILA

  13. #13
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    216

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Barracato View Post
    A touch backwards, they actually stabilize the nucleus. There is a proton to neutron ratio that causes the nucleus of an atom to be stable. As the number of protons increases the number of neutrons necessary to make the nucleus stable increase. At lower atomic masses the ratio is close to one to one. As the atomic mass increases so does the number of neutrons necessary to create a stable nuclei. Once the number of protons passes a certain atomic number, no number of neutrons will make the nuclei stable. All those nuclei are radioactive. The two most common paths of radioactive decay, alpha and beta decay both serve to move the proton to neutron ratio from an unstable ratio to a stable ratio.
    So the Neutron may be a product hat does nothing to the sound but glues sounds together. Sounds like a matrix to me ;-)

    That or a powered mixer with an iNuke power module.

    Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk
    Christian Tepfer

    christian at. amanya dot- de

    http://klanggestaltung.wordpress.com



    personal monitor operator, rf coordination, system design, FOH mixing.

  14. #14
    Graduate Jay Barracato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Solomons MD
    Posts
    1,379
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Warasila View Post
    Only question is: what is that "certain atomic number?" We'll have to wait and see on that one.
    Max, it is 82 lead. All isotopes of all elements above that are radioactive.

    One of the problems I have with the research into the "superheavies" is how they decide if they have "discovered" something new. For many of these, microseconds is a long life before they decay.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Jay Barracato

  15. #15
    Graduate Jay Barracato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Solomons MD
    Posts
    1,379
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Tepfer View Post
    So the Neutron may be a product hat does nothing to the sound but glues sounds together. Sounds like a matrix to me ;-)

    That or a powered mixer with an iNuke power module.

    Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk
    Christian, that is the Leplage glue gun. It was developed by the Germans in WWII to stick together an entire flight of allied bombers in the air.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Jay Barracato

  16. #16
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Valencia CA
    Posts
    36

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    My money is on a higher end console. Neutron is the heaviest of the Baryons. Love those quarks. The Bentley styling and an upgrade on mobo, cpu, and hopefully software should last a couple of years. A more modern, sleek image could go a ways.

  17. #17
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    216

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by William Kueppers View Post
    My money is on a higher end console. Neutron is the heaviest of the Baryons. Love those quarks. The Bentley styling and an upgrade on mobo, cpu, and hopefully software should last a couple of years. A more modern, sleek image could go a ways.
    But where would they put a higher end console? Their product line is pretty much complete at the higher end, PRO 1 through 9 and XL8 fits almost every need imho.

    Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk
    Christian Tepfer

    christian at. amanya dot- de

    http://klanggestaltung.wordpress.com



    personal monitor operator, rf coordination, system design, FOH mixing.

  18. #18
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    106

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Maybe they have upped the channel count, and so this is a pro9/xl8 level product with more horsepower.

    What would be amazing is a console that's io/channel processing limit is relative only to the amount of cards/dsp modules in the system or by having all the processing in each stagebox.
    You would therefore be able to grow the system as needed.

    Having processing all in the stageboxes and just being able to hook up as many as is needed for the channel count and with a high maximum number of boxes able to be connected together and used like one massive console would be a real revolution

    Would require either an unfeasable amount of faders or banks though.


    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    216

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Barracato View Post
    Christian, that is the Leplage glue gun. It was developed by the Germans in WWII to stick together an entire flight of allied bombers in the air.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Never heard of this. Did we deploy it in the field back then?

    Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk
    Christian Tepfer

    christian at. amanya dot- de

    http://klanggestaltung.wordpress.com



    personal monitor operator, rf coordination, system design, FOH mixing.

  20. #20
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Valencia CA
    Posts
    36

    re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

    I'm thinking replacement to those cluttered boxy looking affairs. Cost reduction etc.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •