Generator powered gigs...power question(s)

I own a small sound-for-hire company. Over the past two summers I have had more (and more) outdoor remote shows; daytime festivals with no hard-wired electricity.

On my bid I include the option of me renting in (for a fee) an appropriate generator for the event.

On two occasions this past summer the "event producer" took care of the electrical needs(?).

Provided: event 1, a Predator 4000 (a DJ'd show, no problem) and event 2, a Predator 6500 (The promoters must own stock in Harborfreight -lol)...a multi band festival (1500? attendees)

I brought my analog mixer and the gigs went well, however, on the multi band gig I had an issue splitting the power for my sound system and the stage.

Issue: I would like to use ONE power cable from the generator to my gear via a distro (of some kind) so that I can direct a certain circuit to the stage, and a circuit to my rig.

The genny's used had an L14-30 outlet in addition to two edison outlets on two legs.

My projected needs: a power distro with TWO separate L14-30 inlets and four (two per inlet) 20amp circuits (edison) outlets...

With the above, I have the option of running my rig/band power on one generator or two separate gens.

Is this doable?

Two inputs isnÂ’t going to work well. The distro would be seriously custom, expensive and complicated.

If you really want to use more than one generator rather than one of the correct size, it will be safer and much more economical to simply have a pair of simple L14-30 to multiple circuit distros. Just be sure to bond the grounds together.

Better would be a 50a 240v distro with a CS connector input. Pretty much all the diesel generators in the 25-45kva size you can rent have multiple CS outputs.

You could make a L14-30 to CS adapter to plug on a smaller generator when you need to.