Behringer x32 DCA problems

Sean Tubbs

Dec 8, 2018
United States
I run the sound board at my church and have recently run into a problem with the DCA I set up for our pastors mic pack. The DCA no longer controls the volume of or is able to even mute the mic pack. I do have a mix bus set up for the mic pack that we run to the video camera. I'm not even sure where to start in trying to correct the issue. Any help you are able to provide will be great appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Sean, welcome to SoundForums.

Are you the sole and only person who touches the mixer? In a HoW, I'm guessing not... and my thinking is another operator may have removed it from the DCA group and assigned it to a mute group. "I want to mute the Pastor's mic, why is not on a mute group? And it's only 1 channel so I can run that from the fader, why put it on a DCA?"

Another question and guess: does this only affect the send to the recording/streaming camera? If so, my guess is the "Mix" has been set to "pre-everything"' Behringer calls it "Input" in the signal chain. Save your scene to a USB stick or connect your computer to the mixer and use X32 Edit to view the scene - it's much easier to see things compared to the tiny words on the mixer screen. Anyway, "Input" pick off for the Mix Send is not affected by the DCA. If you also have no DCA control of the main PA feed as well we're back to my first guess.

If you're the only operator pilot error is still a possibility. If you get in a hurry or distracted it's easy to make a change you don't later recall. You might go back and make double sure that Pastor's input channel is assigned to the DCA group you want it on.