60 Degree DIY Mid Hi - AKA PM60

Looks great Ivan, enjoy!

@ Peter, yep, take Hennessy as a compliment indeed
They clearly spotted your component selection / build.
I've seen a few others (myself included) build off your driver selection groundwork.
And I've seen at least one other similar design, that was willing to have a deeper box to eliminate the fold.
Lot's of appreciate your open sharing, both for your designs in particular, and the prompting they inspire:)

Reactions: ivan cuic
Hi Jason, yep, three 1" CDs in a line, and two 6.5" mid cones on the center horn.
I'm sure it will get louder, but I don't see how the multiple drivers can sound as clean as a single BMS coax/horn.

Reactions: Klaus Zimmermann
Those dimensions aren't missing in the sense that you were never supposed to need them to complete the box. Those indentations were designed to be CNC routed, so dimensions were never made up. Any .dxf tool should be able to give you the dimensions you need, and the dimensions for the measurement you want. That said, those simply make construction easier, and are not required. If I were doing these by hand without a CNC router, I probably wouldn't bother with them.

Reactions: Leon JEDDi Lawrence
Ok... Will keep that in mind when building... Build pics will be uploading in the next coming weeks... Using b&c 12NDL and b&c DE1090TN drivers... Using dbx driverack pa+ for now... Looking to upgrade to lake lm26... Are there any settings for the box I missed?

You will need to develop settings for the DE1090, I'm not aware that anyone has used them yet (?) in this box. Crossed at 700Hz I think it will work well. The settings listed for the low section should give you a very good guide.

You will need to develop settings for the DE1090, I'm not aware that anyone has used them yet (?) in this box. Crossed at 700Hz I think it will work well. The settings listed for the low section should give you a very good guide.
I think there was someone in Germany that used these drivers as cheaper alternative to the BMS drivers.

Reactions: Leon JEDDi Lawrence
Hi Peter, great speakers!
Thanks to all for sharing all this (hard!) work.
Do you think is possible to use PM60 at home for hi-fi and HT purposes?
I'm thinking to build a pair with an 18sound NSD 1460n driver that i already own...
No problems with multi amp and fir filtering, I've a multichannel card and an I5 dedicated HTPC for crossover, DSP and DRC with Dirac Live.
Again many thanks to all!
Fabio

Hi Fabio - The mid section of the PM will make more SPL than the NDS1460n can when crossed at the frequency needed to get this design to work i.e. 700Hz or less. For HT I would probaly just use a standard MTM design with 10" or 12" mids, the 18sound horn and driver and cross them at about 700 - 800Hz (as a guess). Depending on the sub you use / the crossover frequency needed you could select either a sealed or reflex alignment for the mid drivers.