Help choosing temporary replacement for these two speakers?

Justin Rehl

Apr 18, 2020
NY
I have an older organ I recently got that seems to have bad speakers (or atleast one). I want to take them out and test them individually as well as put in temporary ones to test with the organ to confirm they are the issue, but i'm not entirely sure what speakers would be suitable.

The two speakers don't have ohm or watt ratings printed on them only part numbers "581207" and "581208", I could only find info on the "581208" and from the one thread I could find it seems it says it reads around 7-8ohms on a multimeter making it actually a 12 ohm rated speaker, I'm assuming the "581207" would be the same impedance but still have to test them individually.

So two questions really.
Is there any way to tell, or does anyone happen to know what wattage rating these speakers are.
And assuming they are both "12 ohm rated" speakers and they seem to be wired in series if im correct, would any two 12ohm speakers also in series work temporarily or would any other configuration also work?

Here are the backs of the speakers as well as the wiring diagram on the organ.

20200417-185059.jpg

20200417-185106.jpg

20200417-185112.jpg

I have an older organ I recently got that seems to have bad speakers (or atleast one). I want to take them out and test them individually as well as put in temporary ones to test with the organ to confirm they are the issue, but i'm not entirely sure what speakers would be suitable.

The two speakers don't have ohm or watt ratings printed on them only part numbers "581207" and "581208", I could only find info on the "581208" and from the one thread I could find it seems it says it reads around 7-8ohms on a multimeter making it actually a 12 ohm rated speaker, I'm assuming the "581207" would be the same impedance but still have to test them individually.

So two questions really.
Is there any way to tell, or does anyone happen to know what wattage rating these speakers are.
And assuming they are both "12 ohm rated" speakers and they seem to be wired in series if im correct, would any two 12ohm speakers also in series work temporarily or would any other configuration also work?

Here are the backs of the speakers as well as the wiring diagram on the organ.

I see by the diagram that it is parallel. To get a true reading, disconnect the plug. If disconnected and you measured 12 ohms,
either they're 2 x 24 ohm speakers, or one is open, and the "good" one is 12 ohms.
Speakers when measured with a ohm meter generally are just "around" the rated ohms, as the rating is bases on a special way of testing.
I don't think you mentioned why you think they are bad, but, if you disconnect the wire that joins the two together and measure, it will give you a better idea.
Chances are one is open, as parallel divides and series adds for resistance (ohms), there's a formula you can find online for resistance.
As long as the physical dimensions and ohms are the same, you can add almost any speaker as long as the watts are equal to or higher than the rated output. You can even just have one speaker as long as the total numbers are equal or more.