New Peavey Aureus digital mixer

Although I'm set for now with my M32R and Digital stage boxes setup this is an interesting product. Motorized faders and all the normal basic processing. The 8 faders per layer keeps the required desk size down. I believe this is one of if not close to the first 16 XLR input digital mixer with 9 faders, re-callable preamps and good sized touch screen? Small band pub shows with 16 and under XLR channel count with a Aux click track or electonic drums and go. Even built in Wifi (where you can trust it) Ethernet out as well as blue tooth too. Not bad at all. Sort of like a StudioMaster DigiLive done right.

https://reverb.com/item/33013283-studiomaster-digilive-1616-in-12-xlr-16-bus-8-out-digital-mixing-console?

Doug

If it says PEAVEY on the front, it is probably junk. Get a MACKIE DL16S and have something worth carrying home.
The console mixer is passé. Why be stuck at a table when you can run it from anywhere in the room, right in your hands.

Honestly I quite like this form factor, and the integrated feature set. The only thing it's missing in my eyes is some kind of digital snake compatibility. As long as it sounds good and is relatively easy to use, it'll fill a good niche for smaller channel counts.

Maybe it can even do what the touchmix failed to.

There's a bunch of discussion about the Aureus over at PSW. This mixer belongs in the "almost there" category. What many of us are looking for is a Mackie 1204/1604 replacement. The Aureus can do that (and more) albeit at a price premium.

I like the physical faders as I still do not like mixing on glass for all but the smallest and easiest of work.

Reactions: Max Warasila
Peavey has made some of the most durable audio products known to man, there are XR series powered mixers from the 80's still out there working.
I know. I was out with them in the 80's. XR500c, XR1200, XR1200c, XR1600c, to name just a few. Down time with those mixers simply didn't happen. I remember once a friend of mine was transporting the PA. Left my XR1200c on the back of the pickup during a snow storm. Next night at the show turned it upside down with a fan on it for 15 minutes until it stopped dripping and away we went without an issue. Good times.

I have never owned Peavey, because here in the Netherlands it has been rated as a budget musician brand, with low quality. I know some Crest owners who were really choked when they realised that Peavey had bought it.
Some time ago I did watch "Undercover boss" and they showed a production plant of Peavey, and how a mediamatrix was tested. Unbelievable, confirmed everything for me. The show ended that the plant was about to get closed by Peavey.
I hope they have solved their problems.

For sure people are also not happy that LabGruppen and Midas is part of Behringer nowadays. But to be honest I have X32 systems, and they perform really well, also the Midas M32 do not show problems.