Separate Output on SI Performer

peti egli

Feb 25, 2021
Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
Hi There
how can I make a mic input which doesn't go to the main L, R and M rails on my SI Performer 2 ? the reason is: I need to take a whole concert (accoustic and plugged) with a mic. but when this signal goes back to the stageboxes I'll have feedback loop (concert in concert in concert....)
thanks in advance
peti

Do you mean you want to use one mic to record the concert, separately from the way you take the sources to do the live room mix?

If so, use a spare Auxiliary (Soundcraft calls them "Aux/Group mixes" IIRC) output.

Cheers,
David.

Do you mean you want to use one mic to record the concert, separately from the way you take the sources to do the live room mix?

If so, use a spare Auxiliary (Soundcraft calls them "Aux/Group mixes" IIRC) output.

Cheers,
David.
Hi David, good answer but don't forget he has to " unassign that channel from the mains left , right and mono output.

hey guys, you are all so helpfull. thanks a lot. David made an important input. which raises a new question. fader down ist one solution, but dangerous. one uncontrolled touch to the fader and the room is howling. so, how can I unassign that channel. in the block diagram I can see that this is possible. but can't find it in the setup. thnx in advance, peti

hey guys, you are all so helpfull. thanks a lot. David made an important input. which raises a new question. fader down ist one solution, but dangerous. one uncontrolled touch to the fader and the room is howling. so, how can I unassign that channel. in the block diagram I can see that this is possible. but can't find it in the setup. thnx in advance, peti
Section 6.1 of the Performer User Guide has a signal flow diagram, and the almost last item shows L/R and M assignment buttons. I don't know where you access them, but they toggle on and off. You'll want them off.

Section 6.1 of the Performer User Guide has a signal flow diagram, and the almost last item shows L/R and M assignment buttons. I don't know where you access them, but they toggle on and off. You'll want them off.
Hi Tim, thank you for you hint. on that page in section 6.1 I can see two buttons on the icon -> they look like these (see attached picture)
Main Out.png
LR and MONO -> Here I can switch on and off individually for each channe. I'll try this out and give you feedback if it works or not

Hi Tim, thank you for you hint. on that page in section 6.1 I can see two buttons on the icon -> they look like these (see attached picture)
View attachment 209434
LR and MONO -> Here I can switch on and off individually for each channe. I'll try this out and give you feedback if it works or not
This should accomplish disconnecting the input from feeding the Left, Right, or Mono buses. Inputs will still have Direct Outputs and all other bus assignments available.