60 Degree DIY Mid Hi

Peter Morris

Senior
May 8, 2011
Australia
"Has anyone tried these drivers b & c dcx464?" ... work in progress, but the DCX464 looks fantastic, even better than the 4594HE for this project.

The clearance is very very small but it looks like it will fit using the B&C 12".

Attachments

Frank Jansen

Sep 6, 2018
Netherlands
Hello I'm Frank and new to this forum. I have read the threads PM90 and 60 several times. Also followed Peter van Gils from the Netherlands doing his build. Now I'm going to start building my first PM90. I've build four th118, they replaced my four EAW SB250 subs. Now I want to replace my vintage JBL 4750 cabinets. I'll start with two pieces and maybe later an additional 2. The amps for the tops are 2 C88.4 (lab's) with a xilica dx4080 processor. My main concern is to find someone over here who can make the right settings. The components that I'm going to use are the dcx464 on a hf950 and the mb12n351. Maybe for the second two I will change the horn to the xt1464. Any recommendations other than making it 2 cm. higher for the dcx?

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter van Gils

Peter Morris

Senior
May 8, 2011
Australia
Hi Carl - The DCX464 is a much newer design and I suspect they have improved a few things, especially the distortion levels. I also suspect it will make more SPL and go slightly lower. The mid / hi crossover has some overlap so it easier to get this area to work well.

The VHF does not go quite as high as the BMS4594, but so far it sounds more natural, in fact more natural (with Lake processing) than anything I have ever heard! ... but I am yet to use it in anger.

Max Warasila

Graduate
Feb 20, 2013
Richmond, VA
Hi Carl - The DCX464 is a much newer design and I suspect they have improved a few things, especially the distortion levels. I also suspect it will make more SPL and go slightly lower. The mid / hi crossover has some overlap so it easier to get this area to work well.

The VHF does not go quite as high as the BMS4594, but so far it sounds more natural, in fact more natural (with Lake processing) than anything I have ever heard! ... but I am yet to use it in anger.
Glad you did it so I didn't have to! I was budgeting out to test them earlier in the summer, but I guess there's no need. :)