Actually impressed with a reality TV show.

Anyone see that Bar Rescue show with that incredibly obnoxious host? That guy rubs me the wrong way in almost every regard, even if he seems to know his way around the food and beverage industry.

Anyway. In an episode I saw today, they actually focused on stuff like the band, acoustics, reverberation and noise levels. And what was said on the subject, although oversimplified, seemed to be correct!

So thumbs up, for once!:)

Re: Actually impressed with a reality TV show.

Yeah I watch that once in a while, they very rarely do the bars that host live entertainment but when they do he makes sure that it would bring customers in and not push them away.

I believe the episode you watched was the bar that was re-named *America Live*

Taken from Wikipedia
Not all rescued bar owners have been happy with Taffer's makeovers. Amber Glacken of Fairfield, Ohio's Win, Place or Show (renamed "America Live" by Taffer) stated that her establishment "was in such disarray" after their Season 2 episode was completed that "we had to close for several days… we were left with a nightmare". "Although the show gives you a makeover, they do not give you any funds to replace your net sales you lose while they are there," she added. Glacken's bar subsequently went out of business

I believe the episode you watched was the bar that was re-named *America Live*

Taken from Wikipedia

You are correct, that's the one.

Interesting reading your quote, although, there is a good chance the days spent filming wouldn't have been giant money-makers anyhow. This just judging from the fact that the place was struggling enough that they were willing to sign up for the makeover...

You are correct, that's the one.

Interesting reading your quote, although, there is a good chance the days spent filming wouldn't have been giant money-makers anyhow. This just judging from the fact that the place was struggling enough that they were willing to sign up for the makeover...

Yep. It also doesn't help when the bar staff undo the changes (like the pirate-themed bar that burned the make over stuff the day after Taffer left).

Ahoy, ye scurvy dogs!

I have a friend and co-worker who was on "Trading Spaces" a few years ago, and he says it was a nightmare. They trashed pretty much every part of his property that wasn't on camera, and left the homeowners to clean it all up when the crew left. And the designers always intentionally did at least one thing on the homeowners' "hate it" list - a bad "reveal" makes for good TV.