Adamson E Series?

John Chiara

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
Troy, NY
Heard a system outside today consisting of 8 flown E12 or E15's a side....4 E219's a side with 4 E218's in the center. I have not mixed on a system, just notice things each time I hear one. The easiest description is a bit 'tubby'....200hz centered or so......and overall...no WOW factor whatsoever. No satisfying solid lowend and no sparkle....almost dull with no distinctive voicing or character....unlike what I always hear with say a D&B system.
What are others experiences.....especially if you've mixed on them?

Last edited:
Heard a system outside today consisting of 8 flown E12 or E15's a side....4 E219's a side with 4 E218's in the center. I have not mixed on a system, just notice things each time I hear one. The easiest description is a bit 'tubby'....200hz centered or so......and overall...no WOW factor whatsoever. No satisfying solid lowend and no sparkle....almost dull with no distinctive voicing or character....unlike what I always hear with say a D&B system.
What are others experiences.....especially if you've mixed on them?

I think like any system it depends on who sets it up (a common discussion we have here). I have deployed and mixed on this system several times along with being the monitor engineer on a tour where we had a very early Energia system out (and had the opportunity during downtime to tweak on it a bit). I think it's a great sounding box and can keep up with the likes of all the other usual A-list players.