Allen and Heath trouble shooting skills?

Brian Lun

Jan 17, 2019
Hong Kong
Hi everyone, I recently got my GL2400-32 stop working. It just stop working with a mild pop sound in between playing. From what I observe the whole master section (the middle part with Aux and LR) has no battery (no LED indicator can be turned on except the Phone out). In the channel section they are having mute light on but not there is never a signal (or I do not know as the LED's does not light on). What could be the problem? Thanks all!!!

The first thing to do when one of these A&H GL2400 mixers has a problem is to open up the bottom and check that all of the ribbon cables and any other connector are properly seated. If you know what you are doing and what the voltages should be you could meter and see if they are correct.

Reactions: Peter Morris
Ribbon cable seating is worth a try and your going to have to open it up anyway.
I did have a ribbon cable issue on a 2200 but my 2400's have been solid, that said they don't get used much any more.

Here is a video I found that shows the internals of a GL2400. The video is going over how to change the pre post setting on the direct outs. The power supply is the gray rectangle module mounted to the back panel. The power supply voltages are +16, - 16, +48 and +12 for the lamp socket. The power supply cables directly solder to one of the boards in the master section, I can't remember what the color codes for the voltages on the cables are though.

Reactions: Peter Morris