Amazing...

Chris Davis

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Hi all. I am glad to see so many people in this group showing up.
icon_surprised.gif

Thanks to Bennett, David, and whomever else for the options here.

I was listening to some Moody Blues when I got Bennett's message to come here. How cool is that. Thanks man...

Nice fast website too.

I plan on reading through some of these threads tonight. It looks like many people have a lot to get caught up on.
icon_cool.gif

Re: Amazing...

Thanks to Bennett, David, and whomever else for the options here.

Yes, much thanks to Dave and Bennett. We finally have the say that we need in our community forum. As the header says, ''Forums for Audio Professionals, Run By Pro Audio Professionals.''
icon_biggrin.gif

Nice fast website too.

I find this forum much faster than the old PSW, but I am pretty sure that is only because we have no major server load yet. I am sure we will run in to speed issues in our future, sadly.
icon_confused.gif

I find this forum much faster than the old PSW, but I am pretty sure that is only because we have no major server load yet. I am sure we will run in to speed issues in our future, sadly.
icon_confused.gif

For now, we are on a fairly basic hosting plan. As the forum grows in size, we will need to upgrade that to a VPS to keep the forum running at a decent speed.

Was there ever a DDoS attack? I saw fingers being pointed but no evidence or followup. Considering that DDoSing a site can result in considerable legal charges, this armchair quarterback is calling that play a hoax.

Until I see evidence otherwise, I'm going to stick with the original assumption that the slowdown was either a fuckup or a deliberate slowdown orchastrated by the new Admin.

One reason the ''old'' board is so fast is that there is VERY little traffic.
icon_rolleyes.gif

The LAB and lounge have around 5 new posts today including the obligitory ''use your full name''.

Was there ever a DDoS attack? I saw fingers being pointed but no evidence or followup. Considering that DDoSing a site can result in considerable legal charges, this armchair quarterback is calling that play a hoax.

Until I see evidence otherwise, I'm going to stick with the original assumption that the slowdown was either a fuckup or a deliberate slowdown orchastrated by the new Admin.

Not a hoax.

There were multiple DDOS attacks.

Not a hoax.

Tom, no disrespect, but I suggest you and others end the slanderous remarks unless you have full knowledge of the situation. If any of you really knew what a DoS or DDoS really was, you'd understand why your and PSW staff's comments on the matter are pretty non-sensical.

Not a hoax.

Tom, no disrespect, but I suggest you and others end the slanderous remarks unless you have full knowledge of the situation. If any of you really knew what a DoS or DDoS really was, you'd understand why your and PSW staff's comments on the matter are pretty non-sensical.

I have first hand knowledge of what ports were under attack and from what IPs those attacks came from.

While not truly a DDOS, they were in total acting like a DDOS.

Keith, Chad, Ernie, and Doug await my post mortem.

Not a hoax.

I have first hand knowledge of what ports were under attack and from what IPs those attacks came from.

I can back Tom on this. What now Ryan.

Sounds like someone overwhelmed the IP stacks. It is all traceable but not much can be done except block the IPAddrs if it originates from outside the US.

Not a hoax.

What now is that we wait for the lawmen to come and clean up this mess, or we wait until there is some sort of public announcement with backing evidence regarding the whats and whys of this situation. Personally I'm not comfortable with the way EH Publishing has handled anything since the announcement of the new forums, but I'm going to reserve any further judgement until such information is made public.

I really hate the way that this whole situation has split our community. My heart goes out to the mods of the Live Audio Board and I'm personally sorry for the drama and bullshit that they are going through right now. If there were indeed malicious or illegal acts involving disgruntled forum members, I hope that they are dealt with appropriately.

There needs to be a special room in hell for hackers, spammers, and any such purveyors of mischief (like denial of service).

I heard a stat that may be bogus but that some major fraction of all email is spam. If true that is a huge cost to everybody by miscreants.

What ever happened to honest work?

JR

I don't know what happened to the old board.

I had been on hiatus from the boards for awhile nursing the hands.

I heard of somekind of blow up indirectly one FB.

A friend asked for help, and I stepped up.

I don't care who did what, why and when.

Nice space here.

I don't want to tarnish it with sour grapes, I don't even like wine.

Not a hoax.

Guy Caiola posted this on the new LAB today

Quote: said:
PS- Some of you may have noticed some strangeness in speed and accessibility of the old forums this week. Believe it or not, it was unrelated to the new forums and was on the server side of things. Talk about bad timing! It looks like it has been resolved.

I seriously think you have been misinformed. That's what.

I seriously think you have been misinformed. That's what.

The next time you drive through my state, pay an automated toll, are stopped by the police, go to an airport or pay taxes keep in mind that it was members of my group and I who were instrumental in the design and implimentation of those networks and services. Protocol analysis is no mystery to those educated in such and equipped to do so. I have not been misinformed, I am informing you.