Another questionable & amusing Craigslist Ad

Steve Milner

Junior
Jan 10, 2011
Washington, dc
www.dcsoundop.com
I came across this ad this morning, some of this guys wording is pretty funny. Maybe this system could cover 3000 people outdoors... :cry:
I can't tell at the end if he is asking $12k or if he is claiming it would all cost that much "new" .... unfortunately, the R&D on building a time machine to get you back to when this stuff was all new, would kill even the most generous budget.

Back to work now... just a moment of fun for Friday morning.

PA system COMPLETE CLEAN & LOUD

Cl-PA1.jpg

CLPa2.jpg

Clpa3.jpg

clpa4.jpg

Re: Another questionable & amusing Craigslist Ad

Pretty sure my top offer for this system would be $2k, It may not be a martin system but it would do for a bar band. Anything higher than that would just be really stupid.

I came across this ad this morning, some of this guys wording is pretty funny. Maybe this system could cover 3000 people outdoors... :cry:
I can't tell at the end if he is asking $12k or if he is claiming it would all cost that much "new" .... unfortunately, the R&D on building a time machine to get you back to when this stuff was all new, would kill even the most generous budget.

Back to work now... just a moment of fun for Friday morning.

PA system COMPLETE CLEAN & LOUD

Not even worth 2K or 3K. Every single piece of gear listed is SHIT.

Another impressive listing:

Pro Audio PA Sound System

Brian, you win for sure with the stuff your guy wrote... additional bonus points will be awarded for finding a Kelsey Console, Original CS800, Tascam Patch Bay & Shure Aux Mixer... all in one system! There should be some sort of registration process for sound rigs these days.... if you're claiming to cover over a few hundred people, you'd have to take your rig in for a Safety & Emissions (MOT) type inspection. These guys could get (historic) plates for these systems and hang around car parking lots chatting and showing them off to one-another on the weekends while polishing them up and waxing their handlebar mustaches... but would not be allowed to conduct actual business with them, other then for exhibition purposes on the weekends (small community gigs, small bars etc).

Quoted from the Ad.

"Cabinets have been custom built to withstand the musical journey of time and tuned usage free air resonance speaker formulas for maximum sound wave throw. I will put this system up against any of the the newer compact flying designs and surpass it from clarity separation to overall db gain efficiency. Standing in front of a vintage system like this will absolutely make you feel your in the front row at Madison Square Garden listening to a Led Zeppelin/WHO show. This system will reach the roar db of a jet and easily approach the 120 db mark of deafness.

... Due to the sloping roll out of the cabinets sound-wave dispersal design, less phase cancellation dropout occurs from wind drift. Indoors, the upper mids throw sound-waves upward to improve the delivery to the second floor tier with ease. So your audience can't say, "all I heard was bass and no vocals". Square footage: handles 10 thousand to 150 thousand sqft.easily fully assembled. This system package is versatile enough to do a 5000 seat arena to a 50 person lounge."

At least the price is moving in the right direction. Give him another 6 months of posting this mess to no avail & it will end up in the barter or free category.

I bet if he listed it for free, as is-where is... It would still take time to find someone who would come and haul it all off together.

There's someone in Oklahoma who occasionally puts a listing on Ebay for a $50,000.00 system. It's an old, old "state fair" type system from the 70's.....probably not bad in its day.

It shows up every two years or so.