Anyone Use the RF "body mics" RF solutions

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
I have been very happy with the mics I have ordered from "Body Mics". Was perusing the site for some replacements the other day and see they have a bunch more products. Has anyone on here used any of the RF stuff they have listed? I am thinking of setting up a couple racks with combiners. Have been using the on-board antennas thus far without major issue but would like to have a cleaned up rack with paddles without breaking the bank. The power bricks get a little ridiculous even with 4 in a rack.
Guess it would be a separate line item on rentals added to the mics?

The BE4 headset mics appear to be the same mics sold on Ebay under the Pyle brand for less than half that price. I've bought a dozen of so for rentals to elementary school plays where there is a 50% loss rate. Strictly get what you pay for cheap Chinese products but yes they do work.

Some of their cables are clearly built by Elite Core Audio, based on the descriptions.

It appears they're pretty much re-branding most things on their site. You may poke around and find the exact same combiners elsewhere. In fact, their ADU.24 24-way distro unit being sold for $2500 is the same exact one (with a different sticker, of course) being sold here on a UK site for about 1/4 that in GBP. I'm pretty sure the exchange rate doesn't warrant that kind of price increase.

As always, buyer beware.

The BE4 headset mics appear to be the same mics sold on Ebay under the Pyle brand for less than half that price. I've bought a dozen of so for rentals to elementary school plays where there is a 50% loss rate. Strictly get what you pay for cheap Chinese products but yes they do work.
Thats where they have come in handy. Investing in Countryman level stuff that ends up getting thrashed is a losing battle on ROI.

Some of their cables are clearly built by Elite Core Audio, based on the descriptions.

It appears they're pretty much re-branding most things on their site. You may poke around and find the exact same combiners elsewhere. In fact, their ADU.24 24-way distro unit being sold for $2500 is the same exact one (with a different sticker, of course) being sold here on a UK site for about 1/4 that in GBP. I'm pretty sure the exchange rate doesn't warrant that kind of price increase.

As always, buyer beware.
Interesting so whats the best cost to quality product out there? People seem to dig the RF Venue stuff.