Apparently they hit a horse...

Re: Apparently they hit a horse...

I'll let you head to the image yourself in case anyone is squeamish, little bit of gore. Rumor is this is a TSO bus, no human causalities.

http://i.imgur.com/Rrv0r.jpg
I saw a pickup hit a cow once. The truck lost.

I also saw a deer run into the side of a truck going 70mph. The truck jumped several feet into the air as a cloud of green "stuff" (stomach juices probably) blasted out.

The deer 'exploded" with no real damage to the truck-except dented panels. The driver had no idea what hit him-I was following behind him on the interstate.

I ahve hit 3 deer with my cars. The last one got totalled.

Moose are really scary because despite their size they are really hard to see. Bears are not all that much fun either.

I have seen all types of wild life blasting down back roads in Montana/Idaho at 2:00 AM.

Moose are really scary because despite their size they are really hard to see. Bears are not all that much fun either.

I have seen all types of wild life blasting down back roads in Montana/Idaho at 2:00 AM.

Had a deer jump out of bushes/hedge from the right side of the road, and when I clipped him, it was with the left front of my old little Mazda pickup truck. I managed to do this in such a way that the deer launched almost the entire width of the four lane road in a flat spin line drive. Bounced once or twice and into the thicket on the other side.

By the time I regained my composure, turned and crossed over to the other side of the street...no deer.

That was hard to believe.

Best regards,

John

John, I used to drive a Mazda B2200. Great little truck, and it survived being the "weapon" in a late night cow-hunt. In fact, I drove it another 60,000 miles before it got hit broadside & totaled... but the nickname "Cow Killer" stuck to that truck (and me). That was back in 19... uh, lets say "last century."

Fast forward to a couple of months ago... I'm working an IATSE call in video (yeah, I know...). The tour guy I work with looks at me and says "I know you from somewhere." Oh boy. "Could be from anywhere" I say. "Ever been to Memphis?" "Yeah, me and Lyle Lovett and Marc Cohn." "Did you ever commit bovine-o-cide?" The jig is up. Again I relive the horror of killing Elsie the Cow, the sordid trial and the squalor of the county jail. To this day I don't look at the beef section of the grocery store the way I once did.... but deep inside, I want to buy another B2200. icon_twisted.gif

I ahve hit 3 deer with my cars. The last one got totalled.
The deer or the car was totaled?

The closest I came was a couple of years ago when I almost ran into a deer on foot. I was hiking one of the less used trails out at Kennesaw Mountain and going through some thick brush when I turned a sharp corner in the trail and almost ran into a deer eating berries. We stood there looking at each other for a while and then they went back to eating and I slowly (for a few steps and then rather quickly) went on my way.

My closest brush with a bear was also on foot while carrying a canoe on a portage up at the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Heard a sound off the side of the trail and looked over to see a black bear paralleling us in the woods. Somebody coming up behind us probably would have wondered why there was a canoe laying in the middle of the trail until they looked closer and found us under it.

The deer or the car was totaled?

It was late night in a cold Feburary (cold for us anyway) on a backroad in Ga. A long straight away-some Zepplin on the radio and a large buck jumped into the middle of the road and before I could get my foot off the gas I hit it.

It bounced up int he air and crashed back down on the hood.

OH %$@&!!!!!!!! But the van still ran-although I could hardly see from the crunched up hood and the gas pedal kept getting stuck-no power steering and the further I went down the rod the hotter it got and the more it started to smell (loss of fluids).

I finally came around a bend and I saw the lights of a conv store. :) I pulled in and called the insurance and the police to get a report. When the police got there-there was a huge flow of all sorts of engine fluids running down the parking lot.

The officer said someone hits a deer almost every night along that same road.

Of course my boss was mad at me because I didn't stop and get the horns.

I was more interested in trying to get down the road-rather than walking with a large set of horns. :)

I don't know about the buck-but the van was history-but it got me to civilization. I had hit 2 deer with that particular vehicle.