Audio Architect Help

Re: Audio Architect Help

I am trying to get Audio Architect to see my Itech 6000s so I can program them. Networking is set up fine and Netsetter discovers them and lets me modify settings so I know the PC running Audio Architect can connect but I cannot get them to show up as discovered devices. What is the trick - is there a step by step? The help files seem to be useless...
Thanks!

Did it ask you to install the latest firmware on your amps? I'm using an older version of System Architect and when I first connected my new out of the box Xti series amps the program asked me to update to the latest firmware. A friend said that their newish laptop would not fly the Band Manager program and they had to get Audio Architect to do things.

Jeff-

I've found Audio Architect to be a fine design tool. As a tool for relatively simple system configuration it's like using a cannon to kill a fly.

Go to hiqnet.harmanpro.com and click on 'software' and then find the link to 'legacy versions' after the jump. You want System Architect 3.2 or 3.3. V3.4 began the transition to the Audio Architect workflow. The firmware updates and JBL v4.x presets are the same as in A.A.

The workflow difference: when you fire up S.A., it will auto-populate the venue with discovered devices but A.A. will not. In A.A. you will find discovered devices in the left-hand column; if you don't see them, look at the bottom of the column and click on "System Explorer". In A.A. you MUST define a room within the venue (in S.A. the venue *was* automatically a room unless you defined multiple rooms) and then drag discovered devices from the Explorer pane into the room.

IOW, they are probably there, you just aren't seeing them. This is why for configuring amps I prefer to use S.A. 3.3 if the hardware is supported.

There are tutorials available for the software platforms but they are targeted at guys who are designing sophisticated systems, and the key word is "design." The software workflow presumes you are starting with a blank page, not with a existing batch of equipment you're simply configuring. Probably a good use of an hour, regardless.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

ps. I've had the same experience with A.A., re taking a lot of time to discover devices, especially after readdressing them with NetSetter.

Jeff-

I've found Audio Architect to be a fine design tool. As a tool for relatively simple system configuration it's like using a cannon to kill a fly.

Go to hiqnet.harmanpro.com and click on 'software' and then find the link to 'legacy versions' after the jump. You want System Architect 3.2 or 3.3. V3.4 began the transition to the Audio Architect workflow. The firmware updates and JBL v4.x presets are the same as in A.A.

The workflow difference: when you fire up S.A., it will auto-populate the venue with discovered devices but A.A. will not. In A.A. you will find discovered devices in the left-hand column; if you don't see them, look at the bottom of the column and click on "System Explorer". In A.A. you MUST define a room within the venue (in S.A. the venue *was* automatically a room unless you defined multiple rooms) and then drag discovered devices from the Explorer pane into the room.

IOW, they are probably there, you just aren't seeing them. This is why for configuring amps I prefer to use S.A. 3.3 if the hardware is supported.

There are tutorials available for the software platforms but they are targeted at guys who are designing sophisticated systems, and the key word is "design." The software workflow presumes you are starting with a blank page, not with a existing batch of equipment you're simply configuring. Probably a good use of an hour, regardless.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

ps. I've had the same experience with A.A., re taking a lot of time to discover devices, especially after readdressing them with NetSetter.

Ill have a look for the older versions - I was perfectly happy with Band Manager for my xTi amps - A.A. does seem to be a bit much!
It turned out though that A.A. was set to look at the loopback address - 127.0.0.1 - instead of All Adapters. Once I fixed that all the amps popped in and I was able to get on with it.
Thanks all!

Call Crown Tech support. They will talk you through it.
They were very patient with me and worked through getting Audio Architect to seeing my i-Techs (that I bought used/out of warranty)

Just saw you got it worked out, never mind!!