Audio Voice Changer

Declan Pu

Sep 19, 2022
Australia
I am currently editing my film because the old editor dropped out and I've had to redo some of the audio. He got this really awesome distort effect on the voice and I can not work out how to reverse engineer it. Would any of you be able to work it out? I have been editing in premiere pro but I have the whole adobe suite if audition is needed.

I have linked a example of the voice from his first edit, I'd love some help with this.

Thanks

Sounds like the mids have been tamed, then top end put on the sizzle and the bass limited a bit. Not a smooth result.

If the old editor dropped out, don't you have their sources material? If somebody drops out usually, the new editor inherits the files? Or you will never match old and new? The sound effects of course are masking much of what is going on - what does it sound like without them?

My guess it is a electric guitar amp simulator but the reverb coming from the voice before the electric guitar amp simulator. The top end you can hear is all reverb and almost no bottom end. As previously mentioned a ring modiulator may be in there as well giving a resonance.