August and September Good Samaritans

Re: August and September Good Samaritans

David, be sure to let us know if finances ever become an issue, as donation support seems to be slowing down. Real hosting costs real $ and I hope more folks will get onboard with helping out.

David, be sure to let us know if finances ever become an issue, as donation support seems to be slowing down. Real hosting costs real $ and I hope more folks will get onboard with helping out.

Right now we still have a few months paid up, and some money in the "bank" of PayPal. Our concern is that we will probably want to migrate away from DreamHost, and that will significantly raise our hosting costs such that the funds we do have will no longer last many months. We're not at all against introducing a little bit of advertising, but have no way to do it right now... still waiting on a few friends behind the scenes who may hook us up with a good ad distribution system. Just throwing up Google ads is not the way to go, as those are mass market and don't recognize the value of the site. Until we have a more concrete plan we're going to keep running as is, which is cheap but not the most reliable.

It means a lot to us that this site has managed to thrive on the generous donations of the community, but the community is only so large.

Until we have a more concrete plan we're going to keep running as is, which is cheap but not the most reliable.

Given that it's not the end of the world if there is an occasional hiccup, that seems like a great plan. I certainly have very little to complain about with the current service, I think it has been quite adequate.

Thanks for all of the hard work you put in, especially in terms of keeping the flow of news content etc going.

Given that it's not the end of the world if there is an occasional hiccup, that seems like a great plan. I certainly have very little to complain about with the current service, I think it has been quite adequate.

Thanks for all of the hard work you put in, especially in terms of keeping the flow of news content etc going.

+1

This is a great place. Thanks for all your effort and hard work.