BassMaxx Subwoofers and Tops

Thomas Le

Freshman
Oct 5, 2013
Hey Im just wondering if anyone uses/used bassmaxx products. I'm looking to get rid of all my QSC gear and converting to them. But before I drop some money into BassMaxx I would just like to hear some of your guys opinion! Thanks :razz:

Re: BassMaxx Subwoofers and Tops

Hey Im just wondering if anyone uses/used bassmaxx products. I'm looking to get rid of all my QSC gear and converting to them. But before I drop some money into BassMaxx I would just like to hear some of your guys opinion! Thanks :razz:

What are you planning to do with this rig?

David Lee at BassMax is a smart and personable fellow. I've not used his "top box" products but his subs have been very impressive.

Before dropping $100k or so, I'd call David up and see about a demo. ;)

It's likely you'll have to travel to hear and play with the gear, but the cost of a plane ticket and hotel are nothing compared to spending 5 or 6 figures on a rig if you end up regretting your purchase...

They make a number of different tops and subs-just like QSC.

It would help a lot to know exactly what gear you are looking at (getting rid of), what type of gigs you do and so forth.

What you are asking is something like "I am thinking of selling my Chevy and getting a Ford-what do you think?" Without knowing what you are looking for in a product it is hard to give any suggestion-except general opinion-and that may not be of a specific use to YOUR situation.

Details matter.

For fun and out of curiosity I recently flew to Austin to meet David Lee / check out Bassmaxx and was extremely impressed after hearing a variety of his products in a few different venues as well getting an opportunity to listen in a more controlled environment to a few songs ranging from hard rock, electronic "edm", and country. Both in a live venue as well as a controlled the enviroment the audio quality was phenomenal! Especially with the impact it provided I never felt a need to reach for the eq for the AT312's..... YES the subs were amazing sounding especially with a lot of electronic music BUT tonally even on quiet acoustic based country music it was amazing to hear fundamental frequencies in the tracks that I never knew existed being reproduced naturally with no eq! I'm fortunate that I get to travel and work with nearly every system available and since my initial listen I've already blown 3 subs trying to achieve what I heard in Austin that was being reproduced effortlessly!!

Obviously you'll need to Eq,delay, etc. based on your venue needs but I thought everything I heard pushes the envelope to what's available currently and that's what I always try to do :)

I'd like to agree with the previous statements about BASSMAXX. I run a mobile DJ service and don't like to waste my time with equipment I will need to upgrade later on. I was in contact with David Lee for about 1.5 years before I decided to make my purchase. Let me tell you, his customer service is top notch. The cabinets effortlessly create a volume of sound unmatched by anything I've experienced for the price. The subs stomp the lows greater than any other cabinet period. Just my two cents from a young audiophile!

Hmm... kinda interesting that the OP has only posted one message here ever as well as two of the folks that replied and praised it. If I was the suspicious type...

Within a day of each other. I wonder if they have the same IP address?

Replies like this are why I don't normally sign up for these type forums :)
My post was from searching around looking for info on different subs so I decided to sign up and post a reply to answer a question.

Hmm... kinda interesting that the OP has only posted one message here ever as well as two of the folks that replied and praised it. If I was the suspicious type...

My personal links are:
Facebook.com/DjGreatwood
Facebook.com/BassphileEntertainment
Or search Eric Greatwood, I should be the only one.

Still a small company but I do own the names legally. You can see I have many posts there. Previous to this event I was searching for used BASSMAXX to see the current resale is on products and ran into this. Just thought I'd help answer a question!

My post was from searching around looking for info on different subs so I decided to sign up and post a reply to answer a question.

You'd probably have more credibility if you did sign up and post prior to this occasion.

Come on, we don't bite :lol:

If that's all it takes to make you turn tail and run, you're probably not going to be happy in the live event production biz. Just sayin'..... 8O~8-O~:shock: The coincidence was interesting because the behavior I was insinuating DOES happen, and more often than most of us are tolerant of.

No problem, Eddie, and welcome to SNF.... and enjoy your BassMaxx rig. David does good work and I'm sure your audiences will be pleased by your choice.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

I have mixed on a rig that consists of the Deuce subs and the dual 10 line array tops (no longer made I believe). They are really good and have headroom for days and days. I like them a lot.

What they don't have is the foolproof black-box settings that the big-boys give you. Nor is there prediction software. Plus selling this rig to guest engineers is always going to be a fight.

Forumgoers,

An astute compatriot suggested I might do a little digging, in the interest of helping our friends at BassMaxx. As you might expect, vBulletin keeps records of every IP address every user ever uses while logged in - as well as associated DNS information. I can confirm that there is no match between any of the three users Eric Greatwood, Thomas Le, or Eddie Mapp - or between them and any other user. They aren't even in the same part of the world, and one of them is using a rather unique IP that makes it highly unlikely there is any foul play. Two are using mobile devices (on different carriers) that are trackable to specific regions, so unless they are capable of supersonic travel cannot be the same person. Also, I recognize Eddie Mapp from industry publications - he is an accomplished engineer.

I know we see some tomfoolery from time to time, but it is not present here. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Damn, there you go ruining a perfectly good conspiracy theory with the facts :x~:-x~:mad:.

So, it seems like BassMaxx is mostly selling into the DJ world? Looks to be a bit pricey for the "Junior Varsity" level and not "rider friendly" for the "Varsity" level?

Just curious - for yous Varsity guys is "rider friendly" branding as important on subs as it is on tops? Those subs do look pretty kickarse if you need lots "down there" :)~:)~:smile:.

So, it seems like BassMaxx is mostly selling into the DJ world? Looks to be a bit pricey for the "Junior Varsity" level and not "rider friendly" for the "Varsity" level?

Just curious - for yous Varsity guys is "rider friendly" branding as important on subs as it is on tops? Those subs do look pretty kickarse if you need lots "down there" :)~:)~:smile:.

It seems that most systems are chosen for their main speakers, with the subwoofers tagging along. My experience years ago with BassMaxx was that they made great horn loaded subwoofers, but weren't popular because they didn't have a flagship line array system for everyone to drool over - and thus drive more subwoofer sales. The subs, at least the horn loaded B-series we rented while I was back in college, were great, certainly not lounge level.

I don't have to worry about riders much anymore, I'd say subs aren't given much thought as long as they are the same brand/family as the main speakers, or at least are a popular dual 18" model.

Damn, there you go ruining a perfectly good conspiracy theory with the facts :x~:-x~:mad:.

The Bassmaxx stuff is definitely just on the south side of Varsity level. The subs can go toe to toe with anything out there. The worst problem that Bassmaxx faces is that unfortunate name.....

The Bassmaxx stuff is definitely just on the south side of Varsity level. The subs can go toe to toe with anything out there. The worst problem that Bassmaxx faces is that unfortunate name.....

So, if BASSMAXX is on the south side of Varsity as far as tops and arrays go. What do you recommend Tim?