Behringer x1204USB and PC set up issues

Matthew Hodson

Freshman
Jul 12, 2017
Good evening all.
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I am at my wits end tonight as I quickly type this up.
I do a bit of livestreaming on the computer, and recently decided that moving away from a USB microphone and buying a mixer would enable me to provide better entertainment to my viewers. With that in mind, I bought myself an AT2020 XLR, Behringer 1204USB and a few various cables to plug it all together (2 x 1/4 Inch to 1/4 Inch, 1 x XLR - XLR, 1 x 3.5mm - split 3.5).
The problem that I am having is that I run everything into the computer via the USB, but cannot hear anything on the computer. I can see that there are sound levels, that the microphone is being picked up etc, but I cannot hear anything. This includes when playing music via iPod through the 2-Track input. I have done the Source 2 Track button and the 2-TR button above the phones knob also.
Finally, what I want to manage is to bring sound from the computer, into the mixer, and then back out into the computer via the USB. I have an internal sound card as well as the on board audio within the motherboard.
Simply put, I want all my sound to go through the mixer so that I can adjust all the levels, mute etc via the mixer and not have to tab out of various programs and applications to be able to manage my audio.
Any help would be appreciated, as I quite simply have worn myself out trying to figure this out, and I do not really know much about mixers to be able to get through this alone!
Many thanks in advance,
Matt

Dear Matthew,

Please allow me to introduce myself; my name is Alexander and I am a Care Technician at MUSIC UK where we service and manage spare parts for all MUSIC brands.

In regards to your x1204USB, we would love to help you resolve your issue. A colleague of mine made a video to help a customer with the same issue, hopefully it will help you out also:

Click here to view the video.

Kind Regards,
Alexander Lane
Technician, Care
Music