Best Powered Speaker?

Wan Nuqman

Mar 2, 2020
Kuala Lumpur
Hi currently am looking for the best Powered Speaker Available for Professional Rental Supplies. Do advice as currently looking into db Technologies Opera Unica 15" and Electrovoice EV EKX 15".

Do recommend me your idea.

Am a Malaysian AV supplier www.doremievent.com for your reference.

I am a huge fan of the RCF HDL32. It is not the prettiest box but it is rock solid and sounds great. One of the best features of the box is the 3" compression driver with an actual 2" exit. This makes the 12" much more efficient since the compression driver goes down to 800Hz.

I am a huge fan of the RCF HDL32. It is not the prettiest box but it is rock solid and sounds great. One of the best features of the box is the 3" compression driver with an actual 2" exit. This makes the 12" much more efficient since the compression driver goes down to 800Hz.

As far as I know RCF is the only one who uses large and medium format drivers in a molded plastic speaker on a stick box.
I have a pair of ART732A Mk4 that sound great for that matter the ART 700 series that use one inch drivers sound really good.

Perhaps we could explain to the OP that there are, say, three ranges of mid-sized powered boxes:
≈$US5000 each ... Meyer, L'Acoustics, D&B, Adamson, Nexo and a handful of others
≈$US2000 each ... Yamaha, RCF, FBT and numerous others
<$US1000 each ... too many to count

If the OP indicated which range he is interested in we could start explaining our favorites & why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Vivlamore
Perhaps we could explain to the OP that there are, say, three ranges of powered boxes:
$US5000 each range ... Meyer and many others
$US2000 each range ... RCF and many others
<$US1000 each range ... too many to count

If the OP indicated which range he is interested in we could start explaining our favorites & why.

Based on the examples he mentioned in his first post I would say something in the $1000 plus'ish
is the market he is in at the most.

Reactions: Wan Nuqman
Perhaps we could explain to the OP that there are, say, three ranges of powered boxes:
$US5000 each range ... Meyer and many others
$US2000 each range ... RCF and many others
<$US1000 each range ... too many to count

Never forget about the TT series which kicks butt and comes in at the highest price bracket within reason.

Great suggestions guys, really wish COVID-19 issue died down quickly, not really helping with the business. Yeah you guys are on point about the price not looking to spend much on boxes. But all ears to know the best. Haven't really seen or heard live of mayer boxes speaker yet over here in Malaysia. RCF are reasonable aswell, we do have a few couples of art series in stores. Just thinking of an upgred or actually new equipment. Now hoping all events are back on tracks by june or more if not then though time ahead of 2020 years. Cheers guys.

checkout the website dont think i place what equipment i have in the website, but yeah you got the rough idea what i have currently www.doremievent.com

Hi currently am looking for the best Powered Speaker Available for Professional Rental Supplies. Do advice as currently looking into db Technologies Opera Unica 15" and Electrovoice EV EKX 15".

Do recommend me your idea.

Am a Malaysian AV supplier www.doremievent.com for your reference.

First, narrow your requirements to several categories:
1. Speaker size (15" or 12" woofer)
2. How much power (per cabinet) you're looking for
3. Budget per cabinet, in other words how much money you're willing to spend (under $1000, $1000-$2000, $2000-$3000, over $3000)
4. Are you buying top cabinets only or subs too?
Answer these questions, then we talk

For low profile, high output and portable I am a big fan of DB Technologies ES1203, the sub is a dual 12, one horn-loaded and one front loaded, really kicks! Highs have great coverage and does not obstruct sitelines!