Beyma design

Jan 19, 2011
Oslo, Norway, Norway
drbentsen.no
What do you guys think about this design I've attached?

I ran into a couple of smooth-sounding Alcons systems this summer and have been thinking about them ever since. Can't justify the cost of buying them, but I can consider DIY-ing something close.

Attachments

• Beyma.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 126
The Beyma AMT drivers are excellent, the new TPL200(H) makes more SPL than the 150(H). The only issue is the very narrow vertical dispersion at high frequencies.

Attachments

• line array TPL200.jpg
    line array TPL200.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 47
The Beyma AMT units are utterly gorgeous-sounding drivers - I cannot recommend them highly enough. Just two reservations, namely their cost, and a relatively low output compared with conventional HF options.
I found that, rather counter-intuitively, the system sounded better with a higher crossover frequency than Beyma specs. would suggest...

The Beyma AMT units are utterly gorgeous-sounding drivers - I cannot recommend them highly enough. Just two reservations, namely their cost, and a relatively low output compared with conventional HF options.
I found that, rather counter-intuitively, the system sounded better with a higher crossover frequency than Beyma specs. would suggest...

Got any designs you can share?

Got any designs you can share?
It was a very simple rectangular ported box rolling off at 80Hz using a Beyma 10LW30N (also a very good driver) with the TPL150H on a bracket in free space on the top (used with sealed 18" subs from 80Hz down). Very much a 'quick prototype' build that got used for far longer than it should have been... Played mainly in pub gigs with a few low-level outdoor outings, where many commented it was the cleanest little mid/top they had heard! If you can afford to use Beyma AMTs I guarantee you will be converted.
I will post basic dimensions if you would like them.
Cheers, Carl.