Blackmagic Atem Switcher

Yup...got two as breakout room switchers.

Awesome little boxes for the price but there is no scaler so all resolutions and Hz in and out all need to match exactly so you really need a few DAC-70's or Decimators if you are gonna mix and match laptop input sources.

Theoretically yes. But sometimes certain laptops can have issues with frame rates and such that can cause problems. If you use the same devices all the time you may well get them all to work together just fine. But then again you may not.

Cool thanks, I heard the black magic stuff can be a little picky with certain signals. I would be hoping to use the same general setup with it but you know how that goes. I was really surprised they did not have a HDMI output on the unit. Looks like I would have to run a SDI to HDMI converter for what Im looking at doing. That might be funky with using output signal to feed a projector as the native resolution would probably WXGA. I will have to do a little more research.
I was originally looking at the Roland 40HD but the price is like 4x so that would be a stretch for my return.

We ended up getting this Atem switcher and did local College commencement stream with Bernie Sanders. Something like 250,000 facebook live hits. I was not at the event but we were running 3 cameras over SDI with very long feeds. Everything apparently worked very well. I will try to update as it goes out with different configurations to see if any issues crop up but from the on site tech report they really liked the unit.