BMS 2"

hey

I note that there hasn't been a reply to this and it's been some time, it was also a question I was interested in seeing the answer too as I have two BMS 4592 and would like to make a PM90 inspired cab, but adjust the sizes slightly to fit this driver and a suitable horn (and also the BMS 12N810 that I also have a pair of sitting in a box waiting to be used for something).

I've had decent results using the Beyma TD400N horn, but it doesn't really have a low cut off that is quite suitable for the PM90 design. There are a few others that claim a lower cut off, but I haven't heard them personally.

The other problem is that many use a diffraction slot to get the dispersion to the correct angle, and while I'm no expert on HF horn design I don't think that is always great for the sound. And obviously to control the dispersion they quickly become fairly big, and while I don't mind making the new design a touch bigger to accommodate a different horn and fit the 2" driver in, I don't want it to become unmanageable if I can help it.

So yeah, if anyone has any great ideas for a suitable horn, even one with a touch narrower dispersion than 90 degrees, 80 would be great, then I'd love to hear it. I know there are a few speciality, boutique fiberglass horn makers that aren't as widely available or known as the big brands, and would be interesting in looking at their offerings.