Bose T8S making digital clipping sounds

Brian wappett

Jun 12, 2022
Alstonville
I recently bought a T8S that I plug into a HK Polar 12 and HK Sound Caddy. Sounds awesome but I get random noises that sound like digital noise. The desk doesn’t appear to be overloading (all green lights all the time). Any thoughts?

Guess here, but all devices must accept noise from other devices. More often than not, a cell phone (especially blackberries back in time) would cause these issues. Does this happen no matter where you set up? If you are fixed location, power down everything around you until the sound gets better.
It could be from power source as well, try a ups on everything as a test, or power up somewhere else.

It comes down to trial and error. Try powering on everything except unplug mixer output. Also try pfl using headphones to main outputs. Do you still hear it?

Try unplugging all inputs to mixer only.

If it stops, add things one at a time until you find what is causing it.

Good luck

The "GSM noise" (intertoob search hint) or its more recent variation has made a come back. For the first few years of G2 service hearing the "dut, dut, duuuuuutttttt" was common as presenters put their phones in their coat pockets, right next to the lavaliere mic wire. Some phones had enough RF output to cause the same noise in lectern mics as well. What does the noise sound like, can you capture a recording?

I do not think this is AC power related (sorry, Rob P). A UPS, while useful for mixers and such, only benefit products that would experience a reboot time if power were lost and restored quickly. If you have a genuine AC mains power quality issue, and it happens everywhere you use your system (like, more than just in your shop or garage) you have a device or cable problem as Rob suggests but it is not caused by the power company's service.

Did you purchase the Bose new or used? If used, perhaps there is an internal issue (not familiar with it at all) and that's why it was for sale.

Depending on your answers to Rob and I, I'll probably have some other questions later.

Edit ps: Welcome to Soundforums, just noticed this was your first post!

The "GSM noise" (intertoob search hint) or its more recent variation has made a come back. For the first few years of G2 service hearing the "dut, dut, duuuuuutttttt" was common as presenters put their phones in their coat pockets, right next to the lavaliere mic wire. Some phones had enough RF output to cause the same noise in lectern mics as well. What does the noise sound like, can you capture a recording?

I do not think this is AC power related (sorry, Rob P). A UPS, while useful for mixers and such, only benefit products that would experience a reboot time if power were lost and restored quickly. If you have a genuine AC mains power quality issue, and it happens everywhere you use your system (like, more than just in your shop or garage) you have a device or cable problem as Rob suggests but it is not caused by the power company's service.

Did you purchase the Bose new or used? If used, perhaps there is an internal issue (not familiar with it at all) and that's why it was for sale.

Depending on your answers to Rob and I, I'll probably have some other questions later.

Edit ps: Welcome to Soundforums, just noticed this was your first post!
Ok Thank You your answer!
1 - I bought new T8S and i opened box.
2-Turn on AC without microphone only use main output to speakers same big “dut”
3- When AC turn on no “dut” after few second the LED output jump-up and sound out same time.

Thank for help

Ok Thank You your answer!
1 - I bought new T8S and i opened box.
2-Turn on AC without microphone only use main output to speakers same big “dut”
3- When AC turn on no “dut” after few second the LED output jump-up and sound out same time.

Thank for help
I think it is time to contact the manufacturer or distributor for service or warranty repairs.