Breadboard basics.

Jay Barracato

Graduate Student
Jan 11, 2011
Solomons MD
Does anyone have a favorite book of circuits that can be built by students to demonstrate different methods of signal control?

Most of the high school sources I have seen are basically just switches and resistance.

Double bonus points if it includes both multimeter and o-scope testing on the circuit.

Sent from my XT1254

Re: Breadboard basics.

My first serious intro to electronics when I was a kid was "Getting started in electronics" by Forrest Mims. I read it so many times the book started to disintegrate!

Lots of basic circuits in there to demonstrate solid state components, and it was written well enough that even 6th grade me could understand it.

Re: Breadboard basics.

Probably a bit dated, but for various EQ circuits I like the "IC Op-Amp Cookbook" by Walter Jung. There's math but it isn't very difficult, and you can build a lot of useful audio filters.

Dinosaur Frank here. I have three of Walter Jung's books sitting on my shelf. The latest is Audio IC Op-Amp Applications, 1975, the same year DSP by Oppenheim and Schafer came out. It's post 5534, the chip that changed everything :) Good books. -Frank