Broken X32 producer

Oscar Shackleton

Dec 6, 2021
West Yorkshire
Hi all,
I recently decommissioned this X32 producer from a clients site as it had an issue where it wasn't powering up. At first I thought it could just be a loose ribbon cable as I could see power was reaching the preamps just not the main board. They clearly didn't really know how to use it as phantom power appears to be on on every single channel which is baffling considering they were only using wireless mics on the first 4 channels.
I plugged the desk in when I got home, pressed one of the input selector buttons and the whole desk blew - so I opened it up and took a look at the PSU and low and behold one of the IC chips and the fuse had blown. I've now replaced those components and a couple of questionable capacitors and turned it on but unfortunately that hasn't fixed my original issue. The preamps now have power again but still no power at all to the main board. I was just wondering if anybody has experienced an issue like this or has some advice for where to look next, I can't really find a schematic anywhere and I can't quite see where the board gets its power from.
I'm hoping there might just be a fuse on the board somewhere that I can't see, I'm away from home for a little while so I just thought I'd seek some advice before I delve deeper into the board and start taking the entire thing apart. Thanks for reading and I hope you can help!

Attachments

• PXL_20211123_095445126.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211123_095445126.MP.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20211123_095442104.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211123_095442104.MP.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 6