Carvin SCx1153 and SCx1118.

Nov 6, 2013
I have recently purchased 2- Carvin SCx1253 speakers to use as mains, and 4-SCx1118 as subs, to use in a small residential home. I'm using a Crest Audio Pro 8200 amp to power the subs, and a Crest Audio CC8200 to power the mains. This is for audio play back from CD's sources, radio, and BluRay sources. Through about a months time of listening I must say I'm impressed! The highs are not harsh and the mids are clear. I would like to eventually run an Eq for some recorded material is mixed so much worse than other recorded material.... Come on studios, get the levels right. The bass however of the SCx1253 seam to be a tad weak which might be because of the design of how they located them in the speaker. I am still going over options of maybe bi-amping the speaker just to see what they could do alone without subs. On the SCx1118, they are providing me with thrilling amounts of clean low powerful bass. All and all I'm happy with the new speakers, and look forward to future years of having them.