[FS] Complete Line Array System for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Welter

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
Florida
You can see Prince humping one of my 1979 vintage speakers in the movie "Purple Rain", though my designs have become more refined over the years :^).

Welter Systems is the brand.

I was the owner and system designer for Southern Thunder Sound from 1979 till 1992, with multiple sound and light systems doing as many as 800 shows a year in venues ranging from First Avenue (where much of Purple Rain was shot) to arena tours (Beastie Boys tour was traveling during the sale of STS in 1992) and outdoor festivals with as many as 150,000 people in attendance. We also did a fair amount of corporate theater to pay the bills. My current system now for sale has recently provided sound for Cracker, Bill Maher, Arlo Guthrie, and JJ Grey & Mofro among many others.

During the STS period my cabinets were proprietary, however, I sold 100+ cabinets to various concerns- VEE corporation chose my cabinets over Meyers for their second Jim Henson's Muppets arena touring production. That sale was the most money I ever made per hour, but saved VEE thousands of dollars!

This complete turnkey system works as well as the main system for a "weekend warrior" or as a secondary system for companies looking to cover their middle range of shows. I guarantee that the price of the total system is less than anything remotely approaching the output and coverage potential from any of similar size.

This small format, horn loaded line array system can be set up by one person (if need be) and cover a variety of events from large nightclubs to outdoor venues with several thousand people. I admit it incorporates all the best concepts absorbed over nearly four decades from Clair Brothers, ShowCo, Martin, dB Sound, JBL, Dave Gunness, EAW and Tom Danley in the design of high fidelity, efficient, flexible, portable systems.

The main system uses Paraline high frequency units loaded with 10 EV DH1AMT drivers, 28 eight inch mid, and two 18" Keystone tapped horn subs with output equivalent to 8 Meyers dual 18" HP650. Capable of continuous 105 dB SPL at over 100 feet outdoors, with deep punchy bass, coherent midrange, and clean, clear high frequency response covering more than a football field even in hot, dry, windy conditions. Pattern control is a precise 90 degrees horizontal, variable 10 to 45 degree vertical. The speaker system can be divided in two for smaller stages.

Amazingly efficient, the system runs fine on two 20 amp circuits. The optional waveguides increase low frequency output by 3 dB, effectively doubling output power. The complete system including a Midas Venice 320, eight dual 8" monitors with four mixes & drum sub, racks, mic & stands kit, waveguides and a mix riser is remarkably compact for it's output and capability which surpass many higher priced systems by a factor of four. The top cabinets weigh only 50 pounds.

The system fits in a 5x8 trailer towed behind an Astro van, both of which are also available for sale (and delivery of the system). Delivery will include complete instructions for all aspects of set up, (or installation) and operation of the system.

Art Welter

Phone: five oh five four three eight thirty two ninety four
weltersys at aol dot com (87010 near Santa Fe, New Mexico)

Attachments

• State Fair.jpeg
    State Fair.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Portable.jpeg
    Portable.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Crawdaddy Fest.jpeg
    Crawdaddy Fest.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Equipment & Trailer.jpeg
    Equipment & Trailer.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 7
  • W S Sale.jpeg
    W S Sale.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 5
Re: Complete Line Array System for Sale

Open to offers for the entire system, or for major parts of the system, such as stacks and racks, monitors and amps, or front of house equipment.

Phone: Art at 505 four three eight three two nine four
weltersys at aol dot com

Re: Complete Line Array System for Sale

Trailer and Astro Van have sold, a few changes to the gear list are attached.
All reasonable offers considered !

Attachments

• WS Equipment Price .png
    WS Equipment Price .png
    353.4 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.