Cool Little Dante Rig

Re: Cool Little Dante Rig

Very impressive and imaginative application of technology. Good packaging and thought applied to user friendliness and show to show repeatability. Probably IDEAL for this sort of performer.

But pretty much "does not apply" for the majority of shows and musicians I work for. The narrator says it works because "I have NO live instruments on stage".

I always have those pesky live instruments, mostly resonant wood and metal things that are made to vibrate by carbon based life forms, to deal with. And for all of the additional hassle that causes, I generally prefer it that way.

But I'm an OLD sound guy, after all.

I always have those pesky live instruments, mostly resonant wood and metal things that are made to vibrate by carbon based life forms, to deal with.

The carbon based life forms are easier for me to deal with than the alcohol based life forms........

Very impressive and imaginative application of technology. Good packaging and thought applied to user friendliness and show to show repeatability. Probably IDEAL for this sort of performer.

But pretty much "does not apply" for the majority of shows and musicians I work for. The narrator says it works because "I have NO live instruments on stage".

I always have those pesky live instruments, mostly resonant wood and metal things that are made to vibrate by carbon based life forms, to deal with. And for all of the additional hassle that causes, I generally prefer it that way.

But I'm an OLD sound guy, after all.

Hi Lee,

All you have to do is plug your FOH and/or Mon consoles (control surfaces) in via some CAT5/6 and you're in business.

Jeff

Hi Lee,

All you have to do is plug your FOH and/or Mon consoles (control surfaces) in via some CAT5/6 and you're in business.

Jeff

In some situations you would be right. But, the last time I looked there are no Ethernet connectors of any kind on many of the consoles I'm expected to work on. They're still "analog".

I told you I was old :) and I work in settings where I'm truly happy to find a fully working, non digital, board.

I DID say it was a nice rig and perfect for the performers for who it was assembled. just that it wouldn't be an option for some of the rest of us.