EV Live X or ELX Powered Speakers

Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
So I guess EV just released their powered line! I was looking at the prices today wow.

ELX115P - $699

ELX112P - $599

ELX118P - $799

That seems pretty cheap to me compared to similar offerings no?! What are your predictions on how they will sound? Im very interested in a small pile of these boxes so if anyone hears them let me know! I do wish that they had some 75 or 60 degree horns instead of all 90 though.

Re: EV Live X or ELX Powered Speakers

So I guess EV just released their powered line! I was looking at the prices today wow.

ELX115P - $699

ELX112P - $599

ELX118P - $799

That seems pretty cheap to me compared to similar offerings no?! What are your predictions on how they will sound? Im very interested in a small pile of these boxes so if anyone hears them let me know! I do wish that they had some 75 or 60 degree horns instead of all 90 though.

Hopefully Mike Pyle or another EV Dealer will demo these and let us know what the scoop is. Excellent prices but how do they sound??

Pat

ELX115P - $699

ELX112P - $599

ELX118P - $799

Hopefully Mike Pyle or another EV Dealer will demo these and let us know what the scoop is. Excellent prices but how do they sound??

Pat

Thats what im wondering. Id love to see someone test these out side by side with some QSC.

55#, IEC cables & no power out...
icon_eek.gif

I'll stick with my passive MRX512m/XTi4000 combo.

Im placing a Namm order for a pair of the 12'' and the Subs and will report and how they compare to at least JBL and Yorkvilles powered lines...

All in all it looks like a good product for the money and for once they have their finger on the pulse of whats going on. they always seem to miss the mark on the lower priced stuff, but i think they might have ''got it'' this time.

I too would love to see a ZXA3 and a ZXA18 sub maybe summer namm!