EV Plasma P1-P2?

Re: EV Plasma P1-P2?

Any experiences with these?
Same old drivers and ideas in new clothes.

I have experienced the output potential of the EVX180B woofer used in the P2 back in the 1980s when I was an EV dealer.
It only has 6.4mm Xmax, which was not huge even 25 years ago.
In a big box it was underwhelming, the P2 is only about half the size needed for getting good LF from the 180B.

The "Calc. Max Output" of 132 dB output is a joke, the P2 could not do more than 124 dB at one meter below 100 Hz with the amp's peak power of only 800 watts.

Art

Used them a lot. Sounds decent with some eq, you'll need two subs to keep up with one top.
Subs are very hot around 80, nothing below 50 hz.
Pretty good "throw" outside compared to similar sized tops.
Inputs and powercon are top/bottom, not good.
Used to have three subs on a dolly and two tops in a flight case for each side of the stage, roll in the subs, put on brakes and lift the tops on top.
Stock wheels from EV are bad, after a few years you'll have to replace them.
Don't stack anything on the subs grills. They bend easily.

On the plus side, I don't think we replaced a single driver or amp module in 5 years, even after some surprise showers during the summer.

Used them a lot. Sounds decent with some eq, you'll need two subs to keep up with one top.
Subs are very hot around 80, nothing below 50 hz.
Pretty good "throw" outside compared to similar sized tops.
Inputs and powercon are top/bottom, not good.
Used to have three subs on a dolly and two tops in a flight case for each side of the stage, roll in the subs, put on brakes and lift the tops on top.
Stock wheels from EV are bad, after a few years you'll have to replace them.
Don't stack anything on the subs grills. They bend easily.

On the plus side, I don't think we replaced a single driver or amp module in 5 years, even after some surprise showers during the summer.

Club I am providing monitors for today ended up with 4. P1 and 2 P2 from a DJ install at the owners other club. List prices are stupid high!! Trying to figure how they are worth $3500 each.