EV QRx Tunings

Max Warasila

Graduate
Feb 20, 2013
Richmond, VA
I've got a pair of QRx 75/115s that I've been meaning to tune, but EV support has proved rather difficult to get a hold of this past week. Does anyone have passive tunings for them they'd be willing to pass on? PM or email at [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Re: EV QRx Tunings

That's fine. I prefer measuring in place if that is the way they are used. I have most Sundays available and after Tuesday most evenings until the summer semester starts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Re: EV QRx Tunings

Hi,

What DSP / Amps ?

I have the factory tuning presets , and I also I pinked them and tweaked from there, I felt the factory presets for biamp where to bright overall, and a bit to harsh in the 2k-4k region.... and then to much high frequency extension from like 8k and up....

I pinked the speakers in passive mode, and then pinked again in biamp mode to compare, and also did a listening test in both passive mode and biamp mode, I much preferred the voicing in passive mode, so I made some tweaks to the factory suggest biamp settings , measured , tweaked, , listened, tweaked, measured.... I think I have something good now, Just used them tonight and was very happy.