EWI mic connections...

John Chiara

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
Troy, NY
I had to use a 4 channel EWI XLR snake last weekend...connecting an X32 to some processing. I had forgotten how hard it can be to disconnect those black XLR's....had an assistant cursing pretty good!

Re: EWI mic connections...

I use a lot of EWI products, especially cables. I rarely have trouble with any of them. Perhaps your XLR barrels had something heavy dropped on them or somehow became slightly out-of-round. (IDK. Just guessing.)

I second what Gordon mentioned. I havent had any real issues with the EWI connectors. Maybe it was a bad batch.

I have many EWI cables. The ones with Neutrik ends are fine...the generics have always has a slightly bigger diameter...haven't used this snake in a while and I had forgotten they can stick.

I have many EWI cables. The ones with Neutrik ends are fine...the generics have always has a slightly bigger diameter...haven't used this snake in a while and I had forgotten they can stick.

I had a few of the EWI ends a while back that kinda stuck. I just sanded the barrel where they go into the connector with a little 150 grit to knock the thick paint down some.