Expo 2011 (NM or MA???)

David Nickerson

Sophomore
Jan 10, 2011
Boston
www.baystatesound.com
Hey Guys,

Just checking in on this.

If it's to happen in New Mexico, I'm ok with that, but it's seeming like that's not coming together, so unless I hear otherwise pretty quick, I'm going to start pulling things together to bring the event back to the Wachusett Village Inn in Westminster, MA.

Any word?

Thanks,

David

Re: Expo 2011 (NM or MA???)

I'm going to be super grumpy if I don't get to go somewhere warm.

icon_mad.gif

David,

Sorry, got your phone message but I've been swamped with... well, this.

I have been told that we have a venue in NM. We will need more than that, and we would have to get it together pretty quickly. The whole point of doing it in NM was to expose the Expo to a new group of... uhh... LABsters, and to have it early in the year in a place where that didn't make it bitterly cold. Also, I would like a ''vacation''.

The short notice makes NM less appealing, if we take the usual amount of time to ramp this up we'll be at the start of concert touring season anyway so the people we wanted to accommodate by moving the Expo earlier won't be able to make it. We know we can make this happen again in MA, in a good venue, we have a band, and we know at least 60 people will show up. I am happy to organize parts of it, but I can't do it all like I did last year since I have this project vying for time slot numero uno with my other project... paying the bills.

I guess what I am saying is I'd like to see it happen in either location. I have a preference for NM because I'd like to meet some new smiling faces. Can we get manufacturer support on such short notice? I don't know. Can we get the same sort of support from our friends in NM that we have enjoyed from David, Jason, and the Inn? I don't know. We need both those things if we want to move the Expo, I can't do it all from here.

David, if you want to make this happen in MA again, I am behind you. If there is support for NM, I am behind that, but someone has to take point.

I am still game, and the guys at NHCC are game for anything we might want to do, just need to firm a date and we can pull this whole thing together!

Hi David,

Thanks for piping in. Can you give me an idea as to if you are up for taking point, and making the event happen in your region?

From speaking with Bennett yesterday, I know he's slammed with getting this new world forums up in his ''free'' time and at this point, we were questioning how much could be pulled together for the late Feb. window that was hoped for in NM.

I'm wanting to know mostly so that I can make a decent effort to pull together an event in MA (most likely in May). I'm toying with the idea of going ahead with a gathering here in either case, but wouldn't want to risk pulling from your potential audience, if you were really wanting to pull it together.

Thanks in advance for your word on it.

Best,

David

I am still game, and the guys at NHCC are game for anything we might want to do, just need to firm a date and we can pull this whole thing together!

Hi David,

Thanks for piping in. Can you give me an idea as to if you are up for taking point, and making the event happen in your region?

From speaking with Bennett yesterday, I know he's slammed with getting this new world forums up in his ''free'' time and at this point, we were questioning how much could be pulled together for the late Feb. window that was hoped for in NM.

I'm wanting to know mostly so that I can make a decent effort to pull together an event in MA (most likely in May). I'm toying with the idea of going ahead with a gathering here in either case, but wouldn't want to risk pulling from your potential audience, if you were really wanting to pull it together.

Thanks in advance for your word on it.

Best,

David

David, I'm all for the event happening in MA regardless, and can help you in any way you need. Give me a call.

Feeler: 2-day Expo Then by 2-day SMAART class?

Feeling out:

EXPO: May 16 - 17

SMAART 2-day: May 18-19

Please reply with word on how the dates are for you, and your interest in sticking around for Wednesday / Thursday SMAART Training with Karen and Jamie.

Thanks!

-David