Fein Multimaster

Lee Dickinson

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Richmond, VA
www.avp-ric.com
Is actually as useful on renovation projects as the commercials make it out to be.

My favorite job for it so far is cutting out the 2x4 plate from the bottom of a new doorway. It's also been good for flushcutting drywayll to studs (not that that is hard with a knife) and for slicing nail heads off during demo work.

It also has a nice long cord.

Also, it's worth purchasing for those of you who walk around Home Depot saying ''I already have one of those!'' to everything in the tool aisle.
icon_smile.gif

Re: Fein Multimaster

I just bought one for a laundry chute project. The blades are REALLY expensive.

Though I love the tool, I have a feeling that I'm going to dispise using it since the only projects it will come out on are sucky ones where I'm stuck in a horrible place where I can't use another tool.

P.S. - I bought a Bosch blade for it since they ''fit''. Actually they don't - they spin on the shaft.

Stick to blades designed for the real deal, either from Fein, or possibly from here:

http://www.multiblades.com/index.html

though they don't currently have a bi-metal one.

I got my multimaster, it's saved my butt countless times on the continuing renovation projects around the house. Those metal/wood blades are awesome but expensive! I have the full kit with with sanding attachments, and though it was a bit spendy, it's one of those tools where you ask yourself why you didn't get it earlier! Actually my wife after using it on a detail sanding project asked me why I didn't get it earlier!!! LOL!

...it's one of those tools where you ask yourself why you didn't get it earlier! Actually my wife after using it on a detail sanding project asked me why I didn't get it earlier!!! LOL!

I bought the Dremel wannabe thinking ''oh, this might be kind of handy once in a while.'' Didn't want to spend the money for the Fein because I was skeptical it might just sit around gathering dust. Little did I know! If I had 1/10th of a clue about just how much I would actually wind up using it, I would have jumped on the Fein in a heartbeat. It looks at first like a novel but unnecessary doodad, but instead it's an incredible time and aggravation saver. In fact, I keep it in my truck at all times because you never know.