GLD-80 Split LR and Mono Sum

Jim Clauer

Sep 6, 2020
Chicago, IL
How do I assign an input, groups or DCA to be part of the LR Stereo mix (used for streaming), but not be part of the Mono mix (used for FOH)? This is super simple on the Yamaha CL5, but I can't seem to figure it out on the GLD. I need drums in the stream mix, but not in the FOH mix. Thanks.

Assign all the channels to a group, make sure that group is un-assigned from the main mix outputs, on the drum channels un-assign those from the main mix outputs.
In the IO set up route that groups outputs to a convenient output.
You can also put any needed FX returns into the group as well.

For a live stream mix If available I will use aux/mix set to post fade, that way you do have the means to somewhat adjust the mix balance for the live stream.
In your case the drum channels would still need to be un-assigned from the main mix.

Thanks. That would be one way to do it. I also ended up figuring out how to separate what is assigned to the two mixes. I'll share here, just in case anyone else has the issue. When the board was initially setup (prior to my arrival), they had set it up to have each input/DCA/group assigned or not assigned to both LR and Main, but you can set it in the main board setup to allow you to have LR and Main as two separate mixes. The faders are the same between the two, but you can turn individual inputs/DCA/groups on and off. Coincidentally, I ended up liking the drums in the house mix anyways, so the point it kind of moot. Thanks!