Home Audio with Amplifier, some questions

Nikos Mantzalardas

Jan 8, 2019
greece
Hello everyone and happy new year!

I have created a home setup for my pc and I would like to ask some questions and need some suggestions from more experiences users.
To begin with, I use a pretty standar amplifier, called LTC AV1-3600, here is a picture of it.
and the back side of it:
This is connected with RCA to 3.5mm Jack cable in "aux" with my computer. I am using Creative SoundBlaster Audigy RX as my soundcard.
In the amplifier, there are currently connected 7 speakers, with the following setup:
~1xRear Left Surr Speaker
~1xRear Right Surr Speaker
~1xRear Center Surr Speaker
~2xFront Left (connected in series)
~2xFront Right (connected in series)

Now that you know my setup, I have the following question. Since all this setup is connected with 3.5mm jack cable, it is stereo 2.1 sound. However, I have a lot of speakers set up, so is there any way to make it play 5.1? In my sound card, there are also outputs for surround, but my amplifier only takes one signal. Also, in the soundcard software, there are options for 3D sound, or surround sound etc. Should I have this enabled or disabled?
Now I have it disabled. How can I have the best results?

Also one more question. I want to add a subwoofer to my setup, my amplifier as you can see has an output for Active SubWoofer, but because this is very expensive, can I buy a seperate small amplifier for subwoofer frequencies and buy a non-active subwoofer?
(Pricewise, the active SW cost 200€ and amplifier + non-active SW cost 80-100€)

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 5
  • download (1).png
    download (1).png
    163.4 KB · Views: 5
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
  • download.png