Horizontal Subwoofer array spacing?

Hey all! Its been a while. How has everyone been?
Yes its a cross post on that other site - sorry...
I have been searching for basic information on horizontal subwoofer array spacing and have found a lot of material but so far nothing that really spells it out. I used to have a free program (that I thought I found here) that would let you place array elements with a few basic parameters and view SPL heat maps at various frequencies but have been unable to find that too.
Most of what I do is 1 or 2 ground stacks per side and rarely have the ability to center stack the subs because I need to get the tops in the air but I have a multiday outdoor event coming up and will have the resources to play with this a bit.
The stage is 32' wide and 6' tall with 5' clearance from the ground and a very flat unobstructed space to stack subs underneath. The only things in the way are the poles that support the deck.
I will have 8 SB1000z powered by 2 Itech 8000s and 8 Vertec 4888DP to work with. I am planning on stacking the 4888s, 4 per side on stacking frames, on each side of the deck itself and plan on center stacking the subs underneath - 4 stacks, 2 high.
If I stack them all right next to each other the array would be 10' wide which is essentially the same wavelength as the crossover - 100Hz. My understanding is that with that there will be little to no power alley, no discernable narrowing of horizontal coverage throughout the subs passband - 30HZ to 100Hz - and they will couple nicely.
Does that sound right?
What I would like to experiment with though is spacing the stacks - I have enough room to put as much as 3' between stacks.
3' seems really wide but I really dont know.
  • What effect on response and horizontal coverage will spacing have - 30Hz to 100Hz?

• How do I calculate optimal spacing?

• Will I need or want to delay the outside stacks?

• Or should I stair step the outside pairs (back a ways from the inside pairs) instead of delay?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks all!