Identify this electrical panel.

Chris Gruber

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Rodgers-town, Wisco
Had a friend email this pic of the breaker panel at a venue which is 3 hours away. What kind of panel is this, and more importantly what kind of circuit breaker do I need for the electrician to do the tie in? Thanks guys.

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 0
Re: Identify this electrical panel.

I can barely read the tag right there, but that's the brand. It looks like some off-brand that I've never heard of; if you can't get the right breaker for it, others will likely work, but you will lose the UL listing (and therefore you should NOT do it). With the breakers spaced as far apart as those are they are likely bolt-in breakers, which is nice.

There are many web sites that sell used breakers, B&B Trading is one of the ones I like; they often have breakers that don't exist new.

Had a friend email this pic of the breaker panel at a venue which is 3 hours away. What kind of panel is this, and more importantly what kind of circuit breaker do I need for the electrician to do the tie in? Thanks guys.

ITE Imperial panel and breakers. I forgot what the specifics are on the breakers, so did a little research:

ITE EQ-P and EQ-T class CTL circuit breakers or type LK lug kit". "Sum of EQT breaker ratings not to exceed 110 Amps per branch circuit bus stab." "Suitable for use as service equipment as permitted by Article 364 of the NEC."

The EQ-T is probably a tandem breaker, two on one body for one slot on the panel, and probably not the version you want.

"EQ-P breakers or LK lug kits may be installed in all positions and EQ-T breakers may be installed only in positions 9 thru 20 and 29 thru 40."

This was on the inside of a larger panel I think than what you have. If you stop in at a local electrical contractor or supply house, bring the photo, they should be able get you breakers.

Best regards,

John

ITE like others made bolt-on and snap-in breakers. This looks like a bolt-on panel from what I've seen, but don't take my word for it. Siemens did indeed acquire ITE and I've found that the Siemens industrial bolt on breakers fit ITE bolt on. I don't remember the specific models though.

On the other hand it looks like a normal snap in breaker panel to me. Home Depot Siemens/Bryant/Murray breakers may fit.

Depending on the construction of the venue you may be able to tell how "industrial" the wiring is and that may tell (or get someone to pull the cover - someone qualified).

When I click on the picture to enlarge I just get a X.
Anyway, if it is a ITE it is now SIEMENS.
If it is a plug in breaker a Siemens *QP* breaker is the replacement (Q115, Q120, etc.)
You can also use a Murray (also Siemens) MP series breaker (MP115, MP120, etc)
Again, if plug in a Cutler Hammer *C* breaker (C115, C120, etc.)

If it is a Bolt On Panelboard you will need to get a letter/model designation from a existing breaker...or take a look inside and see if the breaker has a bolt on mounting point to the main bussing located in the center of the breaker or at the bottom (like a normal Siemens *BL* series).
If the bolt on mounting point is in the center it is still available as a Siemens BQ1B series. (replace the *1* with a 2 or 3 depending on how many poles)
All still available..