I'm hoping you'll like the Youtube video I just posted online!

Hi guys.

I typically don't post the same things in more than one forum, but I'm so proud I could burst, so here goes! :D

I have finally had the kit and time to make something I have dreamed up for a while now:

A short film depicting the role of technnicians and providers in a small music festival.

I'm happy to hear your feedback if you do decide to check it out. It's about 9 minutes long, btw.

There are some Norwegian captions but there is no dialogue in the film so should be easy enough to follow for anyone :)

Minnefilm UKA Lillehammer 2014 Lillehammer Lyd og Lys - YouTube

Re: I'm hoping you'll like the Youtube video I just posted online!

Isn't all music per definition copyrighted in one way or another ;-)

Yes, In the US, as soon as the "art" is created, it is covered by copyright. To be able to sue for punitive damages, it must be registered with the copyright office. Only the artist can give away their copyrights - that is that the artist puts it in the public domain, or under something like a Creative Commons license.

Of course, we can get into derivative works, sampling, uses for education, etc. , but that's way off topic.

But performances can also be copyrighted.

frank

Isn't all music per definition copyrighted in one way or another ;-)

I don't know how this works in other countries, and for instance how exactly this is handled by ASCAP and BMI, but in Norway you have to pay TONO no matter what. Even if I were to perform for free, only playing my own music, I would still have to pay a fee based on the size of the audience. And because I don't have a recording contract with any of the member labels, I won't be eligible to receive any fees. :evil:
This is my main reason for not performing, along with the fact that there isn't much call for atonal Barytons in contemporary music :D~:-D~:grin:

Hi guys.

I typically don't post the same things in more than one forum, but I'm so proud I could burst, so here goes! :D

I have finally had the kit and time to make something I have dreamed up for a while now:

A short film depicting the role of technnicians and providers in a small music festival.

I'm happy to hear your feedback if you do decide to check it out. It's about 9 minutes long, btw.

There are some Norwegian captions but there is no dialogue in the film so should be easy enough to follow for anyone :)

Minnefilm UKA Lillehammer 2014 Lillehammer Lyd og Lys - YouTube
Ah, snow - a common bond across the continents. :)

Nice video - looks like some fun shows.

So sad, the video is not available in Germany. Is there some copyrighted music in it?

Christian.

I have no idea why the video wouldn't work, it's YouTube, afterall. Are you out touring in Iran, maybe? :lol:

PS: I carefully selected music that should be OK to utilize for my video.

Ah, snow - a common bond across the continents. :)

Nice video - looks like some fun shows.

Thank you! Good shows, largely due to the promoters actually being prepared! :) And all shows sold out pre-doors!

PS: The winter is bonkers here this year, back and forth several times. Right now it's largely absent in the lower areas.

Thanks for taking the time to make that video, Kristian! It was a lot of fun to watch.

Along those same lines, here is a fun little video that a fellow I worked with made from one of our more fun days.

Duct Tape Bikini Contest and Shinedown concert

Thank you for that, appreciate it! :)

Regarding you friend's video: I'm sure that was a fun day out in the sun! Although, even if biology dictate I enjoy lightly clad women as entertainment, my more evolved side makes me feel a little more apprehensive of the concept.

Plus one for that, that's an instant pa/ monitor mute from me, you wanna be a fucking rock star, jump off your amp... Not my monitors that are worth more than your car...

Yeah, I don't like that shit either but a certain amount of it comes with the biz. Dave Rat has a lot to say about monitor grilles, mic stands and other stuff abused by bands. When Rat started out they did a lot of punk and thrash gigs and abuse was part of the show. He basically gave them a price list and said, "here's what we charge for broken stuff, we don't take it personally."

The problem today is that bands don't see this as abuse (hey, it still works) and promoters generally don't pay for "wear and tear".

Therefore the best defense is a good offense: butch up or replace the factory grilles, use a durable finish that can be touched up in the field. And give the bands a price list...

Last edited:

Christian.

I have no idea why the video wouldn't work, it's YouTube, afterall. Are you out touring in Iran, maybe? :lol:

I got the same problem trying to watch it from Germany, and I have noticed that a lot, as if the filter is a lot stricter there than anywhere else. I've seen sometimes the filter have stopped stuff that is copyrighted by Sony and a couple of others that I can't quite remember, so my guess is that some of the publishers' European branches have a different policy with youtube than their American big brothers. I guess Norway is so insignificant that it goes under the big blanket.
Sometimes I guess stuff gets stopped by the filter because it can't be identified (the filter identifies music, but the automatic matching can't find what it is and therefore blocks it. "If in doubt, say no!")
Nice video, I love venues with stairs access and performers standing on monitor grilles :evil:

Thank you for that, appreciate it! :)

Regarding you friend's video: I'm sure that was a fun day out in the sun! Although, even if biology dictate I enjoy lightly clad women as entertainment, my more evolved side makes me feel a little more apprehensive of the concept.

He he, poor Christian has fallen victim to the new business rules here in Norway. Basically, if you want to do business with any politically correct company, organisation or public entity, you have to surgically remove the balls of all your male employees and avoid all references to women except when promoting one to a higher position in your organisation. Videos depicting female beauty in any form are strictly banned.
I will now be banned from public activity for two years :twisted:

Christian.

I am in Germany, not Iran, not China.

The problem is, YouTube still has no deal with the GemA regarding copyrights. Therefore a lot of videos are just not viewable. I could use a proxy though.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk