Install mic cable

Jay Barracato

Graduate Student
Jan 11, 2011
Solomons MD
What is your favorite brand/model of mic cable to use inside of racks where a durable jacket is not critical?

I am looking for something thin that can be bundled inside of an IEM rack with splitters.

Thanks,

Re: Install mic cable

What is your favorite brand/model of mic cable to use inside of racks where a durable jacket is not critical?

I am looking for something thin that can be bundled inside of an IEM rack with splitters.

Thanks,

We use West Penn 291. One of the main reasons is that we get it in colors. We use the resistor color code (with black being 10 instead of 0).

This allows for easy tracing of cables.

Thanks Ivan

I am not sure I am going to invest in enough different colors to do the whole number code, but even 5 colors would work great on a 16 input rack with 4 bundles of 4 plus a different color for returns. One of the racks I need to redo is completely in white and it is impossible to trace anything.

I like Horizon Lo-Z2, which comes in 8 colors + black (pink instead of gray, no brown). Horizon sells cut lengths, if you can find a dealer who'll mess with it. I like their multipair and their LowZ1 mic cable as well.

Thanks Ivan

I am not sure I am going to invest in enough different colors to do the whole number code, but even 5 colors would work great on a 16 input rack with 4 bundles of 4 plus a different color for returns. One of the racks I need to redo is completely in white and it is impossible to trace anything.

What sort of lengths are you looking at? We throw away (actually recycle) lots of ''left overs'' from wire pulls. I could send you some.

About 4 feet should be plenty long. I am running from a splitter to the board, and from the board to the IEM transmitters in a rolling rack.

If you actually have pieces that long, I could pay a token fee, and shipping, or whatever.

About 4 feet should be plenty long. I am running from a splitter to the board, and from the board to the IEM transmitters in a rolling rack.

If you actually have pieces that long, I could pay a token fee, and shipping, or whatever.

Those are very short scraps. We get that all the time. I am not sure how full the recycle bin is right now, but will check when I get back to the office.

We also have snake scraps of various sizes all the time if interested.

How much do you want? like how many pieces? I will send more anyway.

Send me an address.