JBL vt4889 A vs RCF TTL 55-A

Tharun Patnaik

Dec 15, 2018
India
Please suggest the better FOH(top) among JBL vt4889 A and RCF TTL 55-A. Appx audience size is 25,000 and shows are EDM( artists of under DJ Mag #100) and Bollywood artists. Location is India.

Tim McCulloch

Graduate Student
Jan 11, 2011
Wichita KS USA
The RCF is newer, is self-powered and may meet artist riders better. The VerTec 4889 is time proven and with V5 processing (available only with I-Tech HD amps) is still a contender. The primary difference is the price - you can probably buy 3 used 4889 for the price of 1 new TTL55a.

With EDM the bigger question should be about subwoofers...

Jeff Babcock

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
jeffbabcock.org
Hi,
In my opinion the 4889 is still a great option with the V5 processing, and as Tim said, you can find them on the used market for considerable savings. They are still rider friendly and I suspect they still will be for quite a few more years. I would suggest you go that route. You will likely need the extra cash to load up on subs, as you will need a boatload of them for 25K EDM crowds. Bass drivers have improved massively in the last few years so be sure to go with a newer model of sub that takes advantage of those newer drivers. So many options....

Max Warasila

Graduate
Feb 20, 2013
Richmond, VA
Max, Clair has no presence in India that I am aware of. And what is an iPad sub? Assuming autocorrect caught you and you meant iS218?
I'll admit I wasn't sure about the event being in India or if Clair was in that market. But I meant the CP218, iPal revision to the BT218. It's probably the most SPL dense bass reflex cabinet ever built.