KV2 audio EX series

Jovance Todorov

Freshman
Jul 27, 2014
I play with my band weddings and other events for maximum 500 people. We would like powerfull and loudness speaker system, small and lightweight for easy transport. So, we decided to buy combination of two subwofers EX1.2 and two tops Ex10. I didn't like to buy EX2.2 , because it is about 17kg more than EX1.2, and transport will be problem because I have small car.
So, the questions are:
1. How many people is able to cover this PA system on indoor and outdoor events?
2. In indoor conditions how far from the loudspeaker is hearing clear sound?
3. How many people is able to cover just two tops EX10 (Because for small events (<50 people) we are planning to play without subs)?
4. Are two subs EX1.2 is equivalent to one EX 2.2?

Re: KV2 audio EX series

I play with my band weddings and other events for maximum 500 people. We would like powerfull and loudness speaker system, small and lightweight for easy transport. So, we decided to buy combination of two subwofers EX1.2 and two tops Ex10. I didn't like to buy EX2.2 , because it is about 17kg more than EX1.2, and transport will be problem because I have small car.
So, the questions are:
1. How many people is able to cover this PA system on indoor and outdoor events?
2. In indoor conditions how far from the loudspeaker is hearing clear sound?
3. How many people is able to cover just two tops EX10 (Because for small events (<50 people) we are planning to play without subs)?
4. Are two subs EX1.2 is equivalent to one EX 2.2?
The number of people has nothing to do with what a speaker system can "cover". It is all about the distance from the speakers.

It is not an easy answer-because without knowing how loud you need it to be there is no way to tell.

I used to work in a wedding band several decades ago and we could provide good entertainment to 1000 people or more with one Yamaha 15" +Horn on each side and a 120watt power amp. And many times we had to turn it down.

There are all kinds of different volumes played at weddings-so that is a VERY important part. What some people say is to loud has others asking when will it be turned up to party.

Also at a wedding-the band is NOT the focus of the event. Many people at the event want the band to be background music while others want to dance and party. So their ideas of loudness is greatly different. Which are you looking for?

So does "covering" mean that you can hear the band-but still have a conversation at a 6 or 8' round table? Only you can answer that question.

THe same thing goes for "clear sound". Everybody has a different opinion of what is "clear sound".

In fact many people LIKE the sound of a slightly distorted sound-because that is what they consider "right".

I know this does not answer any of the questions-but there is no easy simple answer.

Re: KV2 audio EX series

The number of people has nothing to do with what a speaker system can "cover". It is all about the distance from the speakers.

It is not an easy answer-because without knowing how loud you need it to be there is no way to tell.

I used to work in a wedding band several decades ago and we could provide good entertainment to 1000 people or more with one Yamaha 15" +Horn on each side and a 120watt power amp. And many times we had to turn it down.

There are all kinds of different volumes played at weddings-so that is a VERY important part. What some people say is to loud has others asking when will it be turned up to party.

Also at a wedding-the band is NOT the focus of the event. Many people at the event want the band to be background music while others want to dance and party. So their ideas of loudness is greatly different. Which are you looking for?

So does "covering" mean that you can hear the band-but still have a conversation at a 6 or 8' round table? Only you can answer that question.

THe same thing goes for "clear sound". Everybody has a different opinion of what is "clear sound".

In fact many people LIKE the sound of a slightly distorted sound-because that is what they consider "right".

I know this does not answer any of the questions-but there is no easy simple answer.

Thank you for your answer, but I still want some other to coment who use this system