Learn about Neodymium and Nd magnets...

Re: Learn about Neodymium and Nd magnets...

nice article. congrats

forget china hoarding it, we'll pluck it out of space...

Asteroid Mining Could Facilitate Made in U.S. iPhone, Gadgets

Tho there's a catch, there's a UN treaty that says nations can't own stuff from space... :-( I guess communism finally found it's domain. :)

JR

PS: With the dollar getting weaker and yaun stronger, may be time to reopen all those western rare earth mines we shuttered.

JR

PS: With the dollar getting weaker and yaun stronger, may be time to reopen all those western rare earth mines we shuttered.

Those mines are scheduled to go back on line soon.
It is taking a while to meet new regulations.

I am not sure about the mines in Russia.

Also Phil, regarding your second to last paragraph, this has already happened once.

In 2005=2007 the Chinese government subsidized the Chinese neo industry to keep neo artificially low in price.
That is why the US, Canadian, and Russian mines are out of business at the moment.

Phil,

Any chance we could reprint your article here in the articles section, maybe once it's been out for a while? I don't know what your deal is with FOH.

BCP,

I have a gentleman's agreement to never re-host articles I've written for FOH away from their web property. With the recent editorial transition, re-discussing such things is probably best left until after the summer.