Login not sticking?

Dave Pluke

Freshman
Aug 4, 2015
HP, NC USA
Is anyone else getting "kicked out" of being logged in?

I have checked the "remember me" box and am accepting all cookies from soundforums.net (but not from viglink.com). I've not seen this behavior on other fora and it is new since this forum's migration. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Dave

Which browser and OS, Dave? I had the same problem with Firefox 46.0 with Win10 Home. Updated to FF 46.01 and it's all good now. Not sure if it was browser or the forum software.

Is anyone else getting "kicked out" of being logged in?

I have checked the "remember me" box and am accepting all cookies from soundforums.net (but not from viglink.com). I've not seen this behavior on other fora and it is new since this forum's migration. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Dave

The cookies are invalidated when we restart various services on the server. With lots of server side optimization going on since the upgrade, we've constantly been flushing everything. Outside of this, I haven't had any issue with 'remember me'.

The cookies are invalidated when we restart various services on the server. With lots of server side optimization going on since the upgrade, we've constantly been flushing everything. Outside of this, I haven't had any issue with 'remember me'.

That's what I was thinking was happening. So, in other words, this, too, shall pass?

For the record, I'm coming in via Chrome (latest version) on Win10 Pro (fully patched). And, once logged in, it does remember which messages have already been read.

Dave

Is this still going on? If so, please let me know when you anticipate it'll stop and I'll get back in the habit of visiting this forum daily.

I am allowing this site to store cookies and no other forum is making me log back in each day. It's getting tiresome to be "flushed".

Dave

P.S. Accessing via Chrome with AdBlock Plus running, but this site in the "allowed" list.

Is this still going on? If so, please let me know when you anticipate it'll stop and I'll get back in the habit of visiting this forum daily.

I am allowing this site to store cookies and no other forum is making me log back in each day. It's getting tiresome to be "flushed".

Dave

P.S. Accessing via Chrome with AdBlock Plus running, but this site in the "allowed" list.

We're not doing this often anymore.

My login holds for a day, but is gone by the next day's visit (computer hibernates overnight). Is there any reason why I should accept cookies from cloudfare.com (the only ones my browser is rejecting here)?

Dave

All of the static content on Sound Forums is cached by Cloudflare, and all Traffic runs through them. Even outside of Sound Forums, you want to allow cookies from Cloudflare.

More info: [video]https://soundforums.net/forum/off-topic/required-reading/3978-why-am-i-being-redirected-%C2%96-and-what-is-cloudflare?3877=[/video]

All of the static content on Sound Forums is cached by Cloudflare, and all Traffic runs through them. Even outside of Sound Forums, you want to allow cookies from Cloudflare.

The SFN forums appear to work just fine with cookies and scripts from Cloudflare blocked, so I don't think that's the issue here. To the OP, are you remembering to check the "keep me logged in" box?

Well, don't know if you did something at your end or if it's just dumb luck (I didn't change anything here) but, this is day 3 of my last login. Knock on wood, it hangs in there!

Dave