Looking for old Peavey speaker model number

Re: Looking for old Peavey speaker model number

That would be them.
It looks like the CL-1 was the install version and the CL-2 the portable "road' version. Also from what I found they were officially called the "Cluster"!

I have some service work at an install coming up that has these and wanted to get some info before I go in.
Thanks
Mike C.

I seem to remember a lot of problems with surround rot. May want to take a look at them just to be sure.

Douglas R. Allen

I seem to remember a lot of problems with surround rot. May want to take a look at them just to be sure.

Douglas R. Allen

From the way they sound I was already suspecting that. The install version has full black grill cloth so I can't see the drivers. I figure when I pull off the grills dried crumbs of foam surround will be falling out.
This install has lots of other issues starting with the big 8 ohm resistors across the power amps outputs that were put there by the soundman to make the amps more efficient.
Believe it or not I still see that "efficiency booster" about once every two years!

This install has lots of other issues starting with the big 8 ohm resistors across the power amps outputs that were put there by the soundman to make the amps more efficient.
Believe it or not I still see that "efficiency booster" about once every two years!
Oh you mean the "trick" that people do to "think" they are getting more power, but in reality they are getting LESS to the speaker-and for free the amp gets to work harder!!!!!!!

Yeah many people think that-I hear it all the time.

It is quite amazing where people who have a little bit of understanding actually do MORE damage than if they didn't.

Oh you mean the "trick" that people do to "think" they are getting more power, but in reality they are getting LESS to the speaker-and for free the amp gets to work harder!!!!!!!

Yeah many people think that-I hear it all the time.

It is quite amazing where people who have a little bit of understanding actually do MORE damage than if they didn't.

Yep that "trick"

There's lots of things to undo in that system just to back to a clean starting point.
Right after removing the resistors on the amps comes clipping all the pin 1's tied to the
XLR shells....everywhere.
I'm sure the list will grow beyond what I've already looked at once I dig deeper in to it.

That would be them.
It looks like the CL-1 was the install version and the CL-2 the portable "road' version. Also from what I found they were officially called the "Cluster"!

I have some service work at an install coming up that has these and wanted to get some info before I go in.
Thanks
Mike C.
Cl-1 was 4 ohm cL-2 was 8