Looking for stereo XLR output switch box-ideas?

Ivan Beaver

Graduate Student
Jan 11, 2011
Atlanta GA area
I am looking for a PASSIVE XLR switch box that does the following:

Yes it is real easy to build or modify one-but this is for a customer and it would be nice if it was "all pretty" and finished-if you know what I mean and it keeps is simple for me.

Stereo-all XLR with a pair of female XLR inputs and two pair of male XlR outputs.

The switch should be fairly heavy duty so it can be thrown around a bit. I don't care if toggle or push button.

I have found ones that are opposite polarity and allow you to switch between various inputs-but I want to be able to switch between 2 pairs of outputs (stereo).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Looking for stereo XLR output switch box-ideas?

SM Pro Audio M-Patch 2 might be a bit more than what you are looking for, but will perform the output switching at a reasonable price.

Re: Looking for stereo XLR output switch box-ideas?

And by the time I do that-I could just build one from scratch for much less.

It is looking like that is what is going to happen
Absolutely true, but you mentioned that you liked the "factory built, not D-I-Y" appearance that the store-bought box provided.
A project box, 6 XLR's and a switch can't be more than $40, with an hour to bust out the holes and wire it up. (as I look in my "junk box", all I would need is the project box. I am sure your's is stocked about the same.....)
Chris.