Mackie User Forums shut down since 1/4

Re: Mackie User Forums shut down since 1/4

A downside to manufacturers forums is the misinformation and sometimes less than positive posts regarding your products that can end up in your forums and I think Mackie may want more control over what is presented. Due to competing products the DL mixers and DLM speakers may not be getting the response they expected or hoped for.

Due to competing products the DL mixers and DLM speakers may not be getting the response they expected or hoped for.
Or maybe their marketing sucks. Their video for the DL1608 portrays us as druggies who wash up in urinals. Do they really think that's going to sell us on their products?

Or maybe their marketing sucks. Their video for the DL1608 portrays us as druggies who wash up in urinals. Do they really think that's going to sell us on their products?

Any add with humor risks missing the mark. Folks have to be able to laugh at themselves sometimes. (I think the add is pretty dang funny.)

There were a lot of users on their message boards for discontinued products like their digital desks, HD recorders, etc. and it was the only place they really had to "meet up" for support. So now they're hosed. I myself have been posted there for 12+ years. All that's gone. I feel like they've done a real disservice for their customers and that's not helpful for a company many see as in decline, actually or perceived. At one time they represented a decent value & had ok reliability. But their QC, reliability, parts availability, and customer service response time frames have not been good ever since they became Loud. And we all know about the damage done to EAW as a result of Mackie/Loud acquiring them. Bye bye Mackie. It was nice knowing ya.

But their QC, reliability, parts availability, and customer service response time frames have not been good ever since they became Loud. And we all know about the damage done to EAW as a result of Mackie/Loud acquiring them. Bye bye Mackie. It was nice knowing ya.

Gona be bye bye Eaw also if something doesn't happen soon. Theres a few decent people there, with there hands tied if you ask me, and they can't do a thing about it.

Gona be bye bye Eaw also if something doesn't happen soon. Theres a few decent people there, with there hands tied if you ask me, and they can't do a thing about it.

EAW has actually gotten better of late but remains a shadow of what it was before the Mackie/LOUD-Sun Capital Partners purchase. If I were a speaker system manufacturer, there are several folks at EAW that I'd snap up... :)

EAW has actually gotten better of late but remains a shadow of what it was before the Mackie/LOUD-Sun Capital Partners purchase. If I were a speaker system manufacturer, there are several folks at EAW that I'd snap up... :)

I understand, but you probably saw the pic of the made in ?????, 7 month waiting period for the waveguide I ordered. Its a shame, same as for crest

I understand, but you probably saw the pic of the made in ?????, 7 month waiting period for the waveguide I ordered. Its a shame, same as for crest

I didn't say EAW was fixed, I said things were had gotten better than they have been over the past 5 years or so. And if you can read between the lines you'll find that I don't think EAW will be "fixed" while under current ownership. Either EAW will decline into irrelevance and be sold or LOUD/Sun Capital will liquidate the intellectual property and close the doors.

Tim "trying to hold my contempt for Sun in check" Mc

A pretty high level accounting executive I used to argue with at Peavey ended up working at Sun capital.

Mismanaged? I'm shocked. :)

JR

PS: Sometimes I think the audio industry is like saturday night live,,, same players but every week a different company.

Sad news - but this is just a step in their decline I think. used to have great product and support in the old days - but recent years have shown very poor quality products, etc...

BUT - nice to find a place where we can all still benefit from the wisdom of GregC !!!

Gus