Matrix clarification/issue on SD9

Van Cook

Dec 15, 2022
Chapin, SC
I recently purchased an SD9 for our church. I have a Matrix question that seems odd to me regrading our organ matrix and how it is working...

I have my Group Master L & R feeding mtx IN 1 & 2 so I can combined the L/R signals out to my mono sub channel using Mtx 8 out and other outputs. I then have our Organ's L/R channels feeding mtx IN 5 & 6 that I needed to combine into a mono signal using Mtx 4 Out that I send out over Madi and Avioms. My issue is when I raise, lower or mute my group "Master fader" on the board, it is also changing the output levels my organ matrix 3 output. I thought matrix output levels were only tied to the input channel levels selected for a given matrix out, and would not be effected by any master fader movement on the board. I have nothing ganged and my patches look correct. I know I can use an AUX to do this but now I am curious why my Matrix 4 out level would be effected by the master fader movements? Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong, or is this the way Digico does their matrix?

Thanks,
Van

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4820.jpg
    IMG_4820.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 6
I ended up just adding an AUX and combining the Stereo Organ to mono through the Aux for the Aviom send I needed. I just deleted the matrix signal flow. But thanks for asking. It was that are sum them from the Stereo buss to a mono bus.